We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Playa Mujeres

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Torquay, Devon
Level Contributor
151 posts
Excellence Playa Mujeres

Just looking at booking our first visit to this resort for May 2019 and just have a few questions.

Are guests mainly honeymooners or is there a whole age range? (We are in our early fifties)

Is the snorkelling any good from the beach?

Is May a good month to visit.

Thank you for your help.

Carolyn

18 replies to this topic
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
63,460 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

Hi

You get people of all ages at EPM as it is very popular with a broad age range

The snorkelling is not great off the beach

Yes May is a good month to go

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
69 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

I'd say the vast majority are in their late 40s and skewing older (we are early 30s and seemed to been some of the younger people there the two times we went).

No snorkeling.

May is an awesome time to go.

Going back for our third visit in October, love EPM!

Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

Greetings!

I would say there is a range with a greater tendency towards 30's and above - we started honeymooning there when we were in our late 20's and now we're mid-30's and still love it. Very couples-orientated.

The snorkeling is not great. Nothing much to see - it's a bit better off down the beach but still, a few fish and an occasional starfish. To echo other posters - May is great. We head out for our 9th trip on Friday and I can't wait!

Best,

Susan

Bethpage, New York
Level Contributor
157 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

Susan safe travels we arrive next Saturday. Can’t wait

Cindy

Charlotte,NC
Level Contributor
715 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

May is perfect- nice sunny days, low humidity, water temperatures are perfect.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
6. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

May is usually a great month but in reading the forums this May sounds like the weather isn’t that great. Lots of seaweed also this year which can happen any time anywhere

All ages at EPM. When we were there is was a very busy time for parties. We found it very disruptive for enjoying the entertainment around the pool and witnessed some very obnoxious behaviour. More so than at any other adult only resorts we have been to, which are many.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
63,460 posts
75 reviews
7. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

In a recent live from thread for TBH the OP said the seaweed was near enough non-existent just now which is good

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
8. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

That’s good news FFM. It’s pretty bad pretty much everywhere all along the coast. At the end of March when we were at the Finest it was pretty bad. But it’s Mother Nature. It comes and goes.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
93 reviews
9. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

We are in our 50’s and each trip we have done we have felt ancient! Lol. I think it is completely different each time.

Edited: 6:14 pm, May 27, 2018
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
379 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

I'm 70, hubby a little younger. Last year was our last year after some 15 times at EPM; we've just come back from Beloved/Finest split trip.

There comes a time when you know you have to move on, and we have.

Enjoyed Finest Excellence Club immensely. Exactly what I needed after a dreadful year.

Will continue to go as long as we can.

Reply to: Excellence Playa Mujeres
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres