We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beloved Beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Beloved Beach

I have read a lot of reviews that there is no problem trying to get a chair on the beach, however, I have a hard time believing this, since it looks like there are so few chairs on the beach. ( we have previously stayed at excellence rivieria cancun, so comparing it to that)

Is this really the case? I know it is a smaller resort.

I would hate to spend my holiday sitting in chairs behind one of the cabanas/activity hut with no view. It is hard just telling from pictures. Are there any completely unobstructed areas?

Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

14 replies to this topic
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beloved Beach

There are few spots with unobstructed views apart from the reservable beach beds, but the seating is staggered so you will have a decent view from no matter where you sit. We never had trouble finding a decent spot, and I am picky about location.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beloved Beach

Thanks!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
56 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beloved Beach

Just there. Finding chairs on the beach was no problem for us during our stay-service great! The beach and water access is extremely awkward due to its size, churning seaweed at the shoreline and cabanas obstructing the entire front row on a small waterfront. If you have traveled to other beaches in the Yucatan, love to be in the water and you are beach people looking for beautiful clear water & space between loungers you will be disappointed. Our hearts sank on arrival regarding the beach or lack thereof. If you are pool folks you might be ok. Our priority for vacation is beach and food. This was not a good fit for us.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
708 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beloved Beach

Really truly! There are so many areas in which to sit and enjoy that people tend to spread out. Never, ever had a problem finding a palapa for some shade nor getting drink refills before needing them. Ask for a bucket of ice water when you first arrive. They will continue reviving the ice all day and refill. They will do this with beers also.

P.S. there are pictures of the beach taken today. Clear as can be & beautiful. Mother Nature can stir things up occasionally but they groundskeepers are magic men!! Have a great trip!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beloved Beach

The beach was gorgeous when we were there in August: completely free of seaweed, clear blue water, great swimming conditions. I guess the conditions can vary; such is nature....

Ballwin, Missouri
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beloved Beach

There are only 109 rooms so I would imagine it wouldn’t be that hard to believe. At least I hope so! We are heading there in may

Schoolcraft...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beloved Beach

Do you have a recommendation for an AI that has a good beach with good snorkeling?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beloved Beach

check out resorts in the Riviera Maya. Playa Mujeres is a great destination, but not for snorkeling off of the beach.

Ridgefield...
Level Contributor
405 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beloved Beach

my experience was TBH there is no problem finding a great place at the beach any time. as others mentioned, its a small hotel. next door at EPM and FPM there is more of a claim your chair competition. I hate that kind of thing.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,688 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beloved Beach

Personally, we have never had a issue getting a lounger at TBH

Reply to: Beloved Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres