We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes at EPM.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Changes at EPM.

We missed our trip last summer to each a.m. due to an accident that was a traumatic brain injury. I was wondering if there are any changes this past year?

7 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes at EPM.

Well I sure hope you are OK...As far as EPM goes they better start changing their menus....After 15 times there I need a change...

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes at EPM.

After 15 times, maybe you DO just need to expand your horizons and try a new resort, regardless of the menu.

Ballwin, Missouri
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changes at EPM.

They have been changing and updating menus over the last year or two. Grill and lobster house last year, Chez was just updated very recently.

Ballwin, Missouri
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changes at EPM.

The new menus have been posted on the "We love Excellence Playa mujeres" Facebook fan page as well. I did notice once Finest Opened and had so many more steak options at Brass they quickly upgraded the Grill menu to reflect many of the same selections.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changes at EPM.

So they changed many furnishings throughout the resort. The menus are mostly the same with a few slight changes. nothing drastic enough to notice in my opinion. They dont have the mediterranean lunch theme day which we kinda missed and they added a second burger theme day in its place.

Ballwin, Missouri
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changes at EPM.

Maria, when were you at EPM last? Just in the last couple weeks they have revamped the Chez menu pretty extensively. I think the Grill menu was completely gone over in the last year as well. I do think Spice could use some updating though. I continue to feel like Barcelona is a sleeper with great food! There are photos of them on the we love excellence PM facebook page.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changes at EPM.

This august was our most recent visit, but yes I am aware that they have made continued changes to the menus. The Grill probably had the most changes. We have actually noticed The Grill changes quite frequently, especially in terms of food presentation. What I mean is you don't go back and feel like you are at a different resort. We don't really fuss about looking at menus online before we visit. (even with some dietary concerns) We have total trust in EPM knowing we always will have a fabulous trip, bellies sufficiently stuffed included.

Reply to: Changes at EPM.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres