We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beloved Restaurants

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
201 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
The Beloved Restaurants

Hello TA Friends!

Whenever I need good advice about an upcoming trip this is where I come first. :)

Each June we try to take an anniversary trip to an Excellence property. This year we have reservations at ERC. In the past we have also been to EPM, Finest, and El Carmen.(Can you tell we love Excellence hotels??)

We split a trip one year between EPM and EDM and I LOVED the boutique hotel. I always wanted to try TBH, but since it allowed children we never booked.

I just found out today my husband booked 2 nights on the front end of this year's trip at the Beloved. I am SO excited. We will be staying in a 2 story casita. My area I need help with is food. We only have 2 nights- if it were you, where would you eat and what would you have? For reference on our tastes -at other properties our favorites are Basmati and Chez - our least favorite is Agave. (We really want to love it, but other than tamarind margaritas we haven't found anything we love here.)

Soooo excited! I get to start packing!!

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Mentioned in this post
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
4,466 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
Charlotte,NC
Level Contributor
704 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beloved Restaurants

We did a split trip last year and went to TBH for a few days before going to EPM.

We were only there for 3 nights so we didn’t get to try them all and El Mar was closed 2 of the nights we were there due to big wedding parties. We were able to eat lunch at El Mar and enjoyed some really nice dishes. The beef ribs were some of the best we have ever had. At Isla Grill we enjoyed the Chilled Melon soup, Skewered meat, a great dessert-Chocolate Crunchy Praline, and Coconut Ice Cream. Aroma, for dinner (different than at EPM) had us when they wheeled out the bread & olive oil cart. Then they followed that with the Cheese cart! We didn’t enjoy the breakfasts at Aroma very much though. Service was lacking. It was laid out very nice with plenty of fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, eggs, etc. The orange juice was some of the weakest I have ever seen or tasted. Did not make for a good mimosa.

We also had a two-story casita and LOVED it!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,523 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beloved Restaurants

Hi

They do have sample menus on their website if you want to check them out

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
201 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beloved Restaurants

410berry Thank you so much for the advice! We love ribs. (I'm also looking forward to the carts with bread, olives and cheese!!) Disappointed to hear about the OJ, guess we will have to drink Bloody Mary's. ;)

FFM- Good to hear from you. I hope you are well. We have looked at the menus online. Sometimes food looks better in print than it actually tastes. I was hoping to hear about people's experiences.

4. Re: The Beloved Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 28, 2018