We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

Good morning! I am trying to decide between Finest & dreams PM for a family vacation in January. Our boys are 7 & 10 years old. Which would you choose and why? We loved the service we received at EPM last year and imagine its similar at Finest. We are drawn to lazy river and water slides at dreams. Anyone been to both and can compare kids club, activities, food? All advice appreciated!

16 replies to this topic
Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

If you are looking for an upscale resort experience for all ages, then the family-friendly Finest resort is top recommendation.

Mentioned in this post
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
4,465 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

I’m lookimh for the exact same answer. Torn. My boys will be almost 7 & 9 when we go. Which is better

Ridgefield...
Level Contributor
404 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

Interested in this as well. As a repeat visitor to Beloved, Excellence and Finest, it would be nice to have another alternative. Past posts have implied that dreams may be a notch down in service and quality. But would want to hear from someone who has been to both.

Especially to understand if there is a difference. Big deal, small deal? That type of thing.

Definitely like the looks of the different room configurations that dreams has to offer. Bigger family type options with bedrooms and living areas would certainly be welcome.

Mentioned in this post
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
4,465 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

We’ve stayed at epm many times and last September we stayed next door at the Finest. Although we were in the adults only section of the resort, we did venture around the Finest family section.

I would say that the Finest has now evolved into a high end luxury resort. We actually found it to be a few notches up on epm. The food was amazing, didn’t have a complaint in any of the restaurants. In the market kitchen for lunch (could be breakfast also, we didn’t try) there is a specific area where children can go and select their own food. This was all provided at children friendly stations where they could select for themselves just what they wanted to eat. I couldn’t keep my partner away from the sweet section of that station lol.

The grounds have matured beautifully and are like walking round a tropical paradise. The whole resort is spotlessly clean and the rooms are modern and fresh. We also took a look at what the resort offered for children in the crèche area and it was very well accommodated and secure. Around the resort there were areas where older children could play sports and join in activities. The beach area is good too a it is wider than the beach area at epm. We also met the supervisor of the children’s beach concierge and he was great at entertaining and interacting with the kids.

If you are looking for something similar to epm I would highly recommend the Finest resort.

Mentioned in this post
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
4,465 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

Hi butty, do they have any better varieties for tv channels at the Finest, or are they about the same as EPM? We always go to bed by 9 & relax and wish there were a few good American tv channels!

Mentioned in this post
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
4,465 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

I have heard that the bathrooms at Finest are open concept. Certainly a deal breaker for families travelling with older kids. My daughter has a 10 and 12 year old. That room configuration would not work for her now. She clocked the resort when the kids were younger. I don't understand why the would design a family resort (or any for that matter) this way.

Mentioned in this post
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
4,465 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

Should have said she liked the resort when the kids were younger.

Ridgefield...
Level Contributor
404 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

On Finest Bathrooms, yep, they are a bit more open than I would want, but I didn't find them to be a deal breaker for a family of 4.

Finest TV choices are bad if I recall. I tend to download a movie or two on ipad, but generally don't need much TV time with everything else to do there.

On the original topic (comparison to Dreams) still interested in a first hand comparison. However looks like the reviews are pretty bleak for Dreams. Sounds like they are chronically understaffed.

Mentioned in this post
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
4,465 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

I’ve been to Dreams and Finest, and Finest is hands down the better resort.

Mentioned in this post
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
4,465 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest

Hi Wessiewoo, To be honest we don't really watch the TV so unable to say. My friend was there last week. I will ask her if she noticed anything different and get back to you!

Reply to: Dreams Playa Mujeres vs Finest
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted