We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Finest Playa Mujeres

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Finest Playa Mujeres

Hi all! Thank you all so much for your posts and reviews, it was very helpful to us and I want to return the favor!

First off, I'm a critical person by nature and training, so the fact that I have criticism doesn't mean a place is bad, I'm just collecting information that may be relevant to someone. I'll try to address the questions I saw pop up when I read the forums.

We are in room 5451, which is a club family suite with rooftop deck (they exist!)

Based on the layout of the building, I believe club family swim outs exist as well, likely room 5051.

The rooftop decks in building 5 that are attached to 5th floor rooms do have enough privacy for romance, assuming your neighbors aren't using their rooftop deck as well.

Most of the swim ups have little privacy and the swim up pools and patios seemed little used.

In Mexico, we've been to Royal Hideaway and Grand Velas Riviera Maya, so these are our comparison points. Both of those have far more professional and sophisticated service than Finest.

For instance, upon arrival, we had a long wait in the main lobby, no beverage or anything welcoming, before going to the private club check in lounge. There we waited in a long queue, with other people's children getting increasing restless, only to be told that we should come back in three hours when our room would be ready. So we lugged our carry-ons around while exploring the grounds and eating lunch. Upon our return to the club lounge at the appointed time, the queue was even longer, as a very unhappy customer occupied the concierge for 3 hours, all the while the audience for the unhappy customer grew. Eventually we got checked in, but when we passed the lounge on the way to dinner, the unhappy customer was still there, as was a long queue to check in. I really think this could be handled more efficiently and delicately. It certainly detracted from the supposed speciallness of the club level.

I think a lot of the service issues stem from understaffing. The coffee/ice cream shop is lovely, but the sole (8 months pregnant) employee trying to run the register, espresso machine, and scoop ice cream can only do so much.

Positives:

By far the most diverse all inclusive we've been to-- young to old, gay/lesbian, disabilities, all races, many nationalities, interracial couples/families, single parents. The adult pool has an entry ramp.

Kids club and its staff are the best we've seen thus far. Our daughter loves it and it's allowed us to have a lot of adult only time.

There is plenty of Mexican food! There's the usual resort-y Italian, sushi, French here as well, but unlike other resorts we've tried, you can live on tacos if you want.

I'll try to respond to questions if you have them!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
5,258 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
3,763 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
4,465 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Live from Finest Playa Mujeres

I would love to see the menu from Lizo if you could get a picture. I know ta different than what's online.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
208 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Live from Finest Playa Mujeres

RainySeason, to get room 5451, which is a club family suite with rooftop deck did you book a family room or rooftop room? I really wish they let you book this type room directly. I went to Finest 2yrs ago when my son was 1 and still in a crib so it was great to have the rooftop to hang out on while he was napping or sleeping for the night.

Mentioned in this post
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
4,465 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
13. Re: Live from Finest Playa Mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 23, 2018