We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Phi Phi to Ko Racha Yai

Parkwood, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
From Phi Phi to Ko Racha Yai

Hi

We are booking 2 nights at Rawai Palm Resort in May as a stopover to break our stay between Phi Phi and Racha Yai as it does not appear possible to leave Phi Phi and travel to Ko Racha Yai in one day?

We would appreciate any information on transfers to and from Phi Phi to Rawai Palm Resort and then on to Racha Yai?

Kind Regards Jen

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Phi Phi to Ko Racha Yai

I did ths is one day last year from phi phi. Very easy. Morning boat from phi phi to rassada pier, then taxi to chalong pier and straight to racha office for 2pm boat to racha. Obviously I was staying at The Racha hotel.

Parkwood, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Phi Phi to Ko Racha Yai

Thanks for the info, we are not booked at any hotels yet still gathering information and watching for the low season pricing to be available.

We probably wont stay at the Racha although it sounds divine?

Can you send me any feedback on Phi Phi and Racha Yai, did you enjoy these destinations?

Kind Regards Jennifer

Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Phi Phi to Ko Racha Yai

I think I can help you. Did lots of research for Phuket --> Racha myself, so here's what I got.

HOTEL OPTIONS:

1) Ban Raya: 9am transfer that you can book whether you are staying with the hotel or not (800 baht/way/person)

2) Rayaburi: 9am transfer that you can book if staying with the hotel (800 baht/way/person)

3) The Racha: Transfers to Racha Yai are at 11:30, 14:00 and 17:00. You may need to email them as I do not know if they accept outside guests (800 baht/way/person)

NON-HOTEL:

1) Raya Divers: 9am transfers available (800 baht/way/person)

2) Tour boats: I've emailed Scandanavian Divers and they do not do transfers. You might want to try another company.

3) Private longtail or speedboat: Lots of these options at Chalong but you might be paying much larger sums. Sounds like they are abundantly available and with more variety in timetable.

All of the places I emailed provide pick up within Southern Phuket and take you directly to the pier... so that's one less thing to worry about. =)

Hope that helps!!

HY

Parkwood, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Phi Phi to Ko Racha Yai

Hi

and WOW thanks for the detailed info......so appreciated.

Jen

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Phi Phi to Ko Racha Yai

I cannot help as i stayed at the Racha hotel and used their boat service. It is very easy to get a taxi from the Phi Phi nightmare from hell boat that arrives at Rassada pier to Chalong pier where the Racha boat leaves. Stay at The Racha, you will not be disappointed.

6. Re: From Phi Phi to Ko Racha Yai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, April 03, 2014