We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surin Beach

Wiener Neustadt...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Surin Beach

Hi. I'm traveling to Phuket in September for two weeks. It is my first time in Thailand and I wonder if Surin beach (maybe Courtyard by Marriott) is a good place to stay. Since I travel alone don't want to be completely isolated but neither in a very crowded place..

any suggestion would be appreciated,

thx, Tia

Perth
Level Contributor
328 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surin Beach

Surin Beach is a great place to stay if you prefer a more chilled out and quieter place. There are still nice beach bars and restaurants plus it is only 10-15 min by taxi to Patong if you want a really lively night out.....Have stayed in Surin twice nice now and Patong once. Highly recommended!

Wiener Neustadt...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Surin Beach

Thank you Charli2 for the answer. It was very helpful. Someone now recommend me Alpina Phuket Nalina resort at Kata beach but I'm not sure...I guess Surin is nicer, or am I wrong?

Perth
Level Contributor
328 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surin Beach

If you are going in September maybe Kata Beach may suit you better. We just came back from Surin a couple of weeks ago and it is very quiet when some places close over the wet season, with that in mind Kata may be more what you after, I have only visited Kata Beach in high season when it was pretty crowded and busy so I didn't really rate it but in September it might be quite nice.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surin Beach

September is the low / rainy season, Surin would probably be very quiet indeed.

Kata or Karon areas may suit you better in particular if you are on your own. Karon Beach resort is on the beach and Marina nearby, both close to restaurants and areas to go in the evenings.

Kata Beach Resort area same applies.

Comes down to how you want to spend your days and evenings, but in the rainy season perhaps better to be closer to things.

Note sea swimming can be hazardous so do observe Red Flag warnings and even at other times take great care.

Sorry to ask but I pressume you know about the weather / difference in seasons, but was there a reason for not choosing another beach / island part of Thailand as it's your first visit where the weather would be much better in September ?

Wiener Neustadt...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Surin Beach

Thanks Charli2 and Monica4.

Well I choose Phuket as I thought it can be a good place for singles enjoying: few days resting on the nice beaches (Surin, Pansea, Leam, Bang tao Kata..) few organized day tours (good starting point I guess), one day explore Phuket town and one day crowded Patong for curiosity..

Anyway, I was thinking about Koh Samui for better weather but don't think there is so much to do... Is the weather really so bad in Phuket? According to weather report it is raining all the time but reading the forums visitors says there are only short day showers and even in Sept can be pretty lucky with the weather. Hm, now I really do not know...

Perth
Level Contributor
328 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surin Beach

September is during wet season. For the most part though there will be short bursts of heavy rain and then everything fines up again. At the end of June we did have a couple of days where it rained all day but it is still very warm so we had fun regardless! They are plenty of things to do apart from laze on the beach or by the pool.....

Wiener Neustadt...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Surin Beach

I made a reservation for a hotel near Kata beach and looking forward already...

Thanks for all suggestions,

Cheers Tia

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
197 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Surin Beach

hi can u please tell me which will be best beach for 28th october for 4 nights in phuket?we are mama daughters party of 4 women.looking for a 4 star resort,clean beach,good pool,local restaurnets close by and massage on the beach.any suggestions?surin,kata,bangtao?we do not want too much action but more laid back time with food and spa.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Surin Beach

Try Marina Resort or Karon beach resort or Kata Beach Resort, for more class try the Katathani

Marina Resort has special offers at the moment and some very good deals, do note that most hotels / resorts move their prices up from 1st November, example Marina is US$80 start price for October but that goes up to $144 from 1st Nov, however, wherever you book 'push' for the 4 nights at the October price, I think you will get lucky :)

http://www.marinaphuket.com/room_rate.html

Karon Beach resort is about $88 for 2 with breakfast at the moment but over $200 ! from Nov 1st as an example

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
197 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Surin Beach

hi monica many thanks for your advise.i will look at all those resorts you have suggested.which beach is the best in your opinion, not for swimming may be, but generally, white sand,clean,beach massage and local resorants close by?any one your recommended resort that comes closest to all this ?many thanks for the rates etc.:)

Get answers to your questions about Choeng Thale
Recent Conversations