We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twinpalms Surin

perth
Level Contributor
128 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Twinpalms Surin

Hi there

We are staying at Twinpalms in a couple of weeks... just wondering if anyone could fill me in on the taxi situation there? Something about a taxi mafia?? If we go into Patong for an evening will we have trouble getting back to Surin?

Also can anyone recommend somewhere to watch the Melbourne Cup in Phuket? I am familiar with Patong so happy to travel there to watch it.

Perth
Level Contributor
328 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Twinpalms Surin

Hi Mezperth,

Lucky you! I have to wait another 3 months before I am back in Surin Beach again(for the 3rd time). There is one taxi hut almost directly outside the Twinpalms and another outside the Ayara. We have always used the one outside Ayara because we stay there and they charge you about 400baht to Patong, they are also happy to come back and pick you up for another 400. You can still get any taxi in Patong to bring you back to Surin as well. The taxi guys just don't allow the meter taxi's there, but that's the same all over Phuket. The only place you can get a meter taxi is at the airport.

Sorry not sure about the Melbourne cup...Have fun!

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Twinpalms Surin

Don't know about the Taxis to Surin, but there are Taxis everywhere, and you should have no trouble.

Melbourne Cup coverage starts at 9am on Australia Network. This channel is available on all cable companies networks. Anywhere on Bangla Rd will have it. I go to Octopus Bar, theres normally a BBQ on as well.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Twinpalms Surin

Hi,

We were at Twinpalms in August and got a tuk-tuk into Patong one night, as stated above was 400baht each way. We got dropped off at OTOP and then got another tuk-tuk later from beach road, again was 400baht one way - you won't have any troubles.

Stelle

Edited: 12:11 am, October 18, 2010
perth
Level Contributor
128 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Twinpalms Surin

Thanks guys

puts my mind at ease - looking forward to it!!

5. Re: Twinpalms Surin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 18, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Choeng Thale