Myself and three friends have this morning booked 9 nights stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Phuket at Surin Beach Phuket - its our first time in Thailand and we are really excited to be going but wonder:
1) How big is Phuket, and are we staying in a decent area?
2) Is it easy to travel around - is it cheaper to hire a car and if so how much? Do they need to see a paper licence or will photocard do?
3) Which are the best beaches to visit, my friends and I are beach lovers and I've heard Kp Phi Phi Islands and Koh Phanak are Paradise on Earth - can we reach these areas from Surin Beach area?
4) What kind of food (obviously sea food!) but do most restaurants cater for all tastes?
and last but not least!
5) We are celebrating a 30th Birthday whilst we are there - what would you recoomend doing for spomething 'special'?
Many thanks for any help you can give!