We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courtyard by Marriott Phuket at Surin Beach Phuket

Hertfordshire
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Courtyard by Marriott Phuket at Surin Beach Phuket

Hi There,

Myself and three friends have this morning booked 9 nights stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Phuket at Surin Beach Phuket - its our first time in Thailand and we are really excited to be going but wonder:

1) How big is Phuket, and are we staying in a decent area?

2) Is it easy to travel around - is it cheaper to hire a car and if so how much? Do they need to see a paper licence or will photocard do?

3) Which are the best beaches to visit, my friends and I are beach lovers and I've heard Kp Phi Phi Islands and Koh Phanak are Paradise on Earth - can we reach these areas from Surin Beach area?

4) What kind of food (obviously sea food!) but do most restaurants cater for all tastes?

and last but not least!

5) We are celebrating a 30th Birthday whilst we are there - what would you recoomend doing for spomething 'special'?

Many thanks for any help you can give!

Many thanks,

London,UK
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Courtyard by Marriott Phuket at Surin Beach Phuket

Surin Beach is in a great area and both the beach and restaurants are excellent.............there are a load on the road where your hotel is at both ends of the cost scale.........lemongrass is a favourite of ours just up the road from you towards The Chedi hotel and there are numerous others.......on the beach itself there are lots............from very reasonable Thai to the coslier 'Taste' and 'Pla'............if you want a special birthday night I would book the barbeque at 'Catch' on the beach which I think is on Tues and Fri..'Catch' is the beach club belonging to the Twin Palms hotel....you could also try their in house restaurant called 'Oriental Spoon'. Just around the corner from Surin on the road to the lagoon area is another restaurant called 'Silk'....another one for a special occasion. Walkable too but beware demented scooters.

As for trips to Phi Phi etc you cannot leave from Suring itself by boat but there are loads of places to book tours and they will pick you up.

Tuk tuk's are pricey and Patong is a good ride away so if you do want to see the nightlife there it will have to be either taxi or tuk....unless you hire a car.

You dont say when you are going but Surin Beach does get v busy over Christmas/New Year......try Kamala Beach over the hill or walk up to The Chedi hotel , through the lobby onto the beach there.....has to be one of the nicest on the island.

Hope you have a great time.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
397 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Courtyard by Marriott Phuket at Surin Beach Phuket

Agree with adelet about recommended restaurants and eating at the Catch Club for your special occasion. We stayed at Twinpalms (loved it) but didn't eat at the Catch Club but thought it looked lovely especially the Friday night BBQ.

We liked Surin a lot as it's quieter but easy to get to Patong if you want (we went once which was enough). We hired a driver Mr. Manop who is very reliable. If he's busy, he will organise one of his friends to drive you.

m_pukpaya@hotmail.com

Check out Simba Sea tours with Jenny and Geoff. The Phang-Nga day trip was terrific and their speedboat wonderful!

We did a 1/2 day bike tour with Amazing Bike Tours which was fun and different as we got to see some of the countryside, villages and the Gibbon Rehab center which was fascinating. James (English) really looks after you.

3. Re: Courtyard by Marriott Phuket at Surin Beach Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 29, 2010