We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mai Khao

Which Mai Khao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sri lanka
2 posts
Save Topic
Mai Khao

Hello.. I'm looking for a budget hotel in close proximity to the Marriott Vacation club... Any suggestions?? Thank you!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,815 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mai Khao

No budget resorts here. This is an upscale location. How near do you really need to be?

Edited: 8:13 am, September 14, 2012
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mai Khao

Have a look at the link below there are some very budget beach huts & a couple of cottages at Mai Khao.

http://mai-khao-beach.com/

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
230 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mai Khao

I totally agree with Arandora.

But, if you came with children, I would recommend the Centara Grand West Sands. One of our family's most favorite. :)

The rate at low season is around 25K - 35K Baht.

Free entrance to the jungle splash water park is a BIG plus.

Edited: 11:50 am, September 14, 2012
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
230 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mai Khao

Oops .. Sorry I made a mistake.

The rate per night for low season is only about 2500 - 3500 baht per night for the superior room type. Also, I found a good deal oftenly at Agoda.

sri lanka
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mai Khao

Hi guys.. Thanks for all the responses.. Much appreciated.. We got the Piraya Beach Resort.. Not exactly budget but reasonable :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mai Khao

We just stayed at the holiday inn. Mai Khao and rates were great and awesome hotel. Piraya we walked into, at a terrible meal saw no guests and the hotel looks at best a 2 star.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Mai Khao

Forget Piraya it's really bad and full of noisy Italians on all inclusive package. We moved to Holiday Inn from there after 3 days and a totally different class.

If you want really cheap rooms there are also a couple of small bungalow resorts either side of Piraya. Cheap but might be noisy at night due to crap Italian karaoke from Piraya.

8. Re: Mai Khao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 20, 2014