We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation

Port Macquarie...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation

My nephew is getting married at the Renaissance, Mai Khao and we were thinking of booking into Piraya Resort and Spa. Has anyone stayed there? Do you know how close it is to the Renaissance?

1. Re: Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:00 pm, March 25, 2015
Port Macquarie...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation

thanks Simon, but why if after September 9th?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation

Hi there,

Sorry I should have explained in more detail. Actually we open September 9th. We are on the final countdown to open. We are in the middle of a trial run period and open officially September 9th.

Thanks,

Simon

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation

Do you mean the Holiday Inn opens of the 9th September?

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation

Yes he does mean that the HI opens 9 September it looks like a fantastic place to stay - Ive booked for Xmas.

Simon is the GM of the Holiday Inn Mao Khai - he needs to mention this on his posts to meet TA guidelines ;-)

Lou

Perth
Level Contributor
55 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation

Simon,

We are considering staying at the HI Patong in late September, but other members have been suggesting the Mai Khao HI.

Do you have all the same children's facilities such as kid's club, family/kid suites?

Is the resort on the beach or near the beach?

Why is the hotel not listed on the Holiday Inn website yet? Any reason?

Thank you.

Perth
Level Contributor
55 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation

I found the links to the HI Mai Khao site on another post and the facebook link. So have a better idea of this hotel.

Can anyone (Simon included) respond to this question: Can you hire a taxi to drive to Patong for the day with child seats? Are Thai roads as crazy as in Bali? It seems to me the cost of a taxi (about AUD50) is less than the hassel of renting a car, having to park it, etc. Do any of the hotels in Mai Khoa offer a shuttle service to Patong?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation

I'd like to know the same thing too; are there taxis to other parts of the island, Patong, Phuket town etc, and how much do they cost? My partner wants to get a suit made for a wedding and needs to get into town.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation

Hi everyone,

Apologies that I have not replied in some time. Lou, thanks for mentioning that I better tell everyone who I am. I am the General Manager of this wonderful resort. Not trying to hide this.

Ok, so we do have Kid's Suites and Family Suites a little like the Holiday Inn Phuket in Patong. We also have a Kids Club, Teen Zone, and a variety of activities around the resort. You will be happy to also know we do not charge for wired and wifi internet use throughout the resort.

We are directly on Mai Khao Beach. No road inbetween the resort and the beach just white sand shaded by the large local trees lining the beach. You can swim to the end of the infinity pool and look out over the beach.

We have a few options in terms of transport. First we have a transport desk who are running brand new Toyota Camry's and vans for guest use. There is varying prices to the differant parts of the island. Then there are the local taxis outside the hotel. They are fixed price and slightly lower than the company in the resort. Lastly there will be a two times daily or possibly three times daily shuttle that will run from the resort to Central Shopping Mall then on to Holiday Inn Patong and return. This requires a minimum of three persons to do a trip. Cost is 300 baht per person to Central one way and 400 baht per person to Patong one way. If you want to know the full story on transport in Patong let me know whilst you are here and I can tell you why it seems so complicated and expensive! Sorry!

As for child seat well I can only say that our transport company will have but other transport I can assure this is possible.

Also if you want to have a full day getting around and exploring the island I would suggest renting a car. Best value and most convenient for a full day out.

I hope that answers all of your questions.

Thanks,

Simon Morley

General Manager

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach

Kolkata (Calcutta...
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation

Hi!!

We are a family of four (Kids 5 &12) coming to Thailand in December.

We will be staying at HI MaiKhao from 18th Dec to 21st Dec. Would like to go to Koh Lanta from there. Need some suggestion and advice on if we can hire a chauffeur driven vehicle for 5 days and do the journey and end it at Phuket. Also What will be the cost and some suggestion on reasonable family friendly hotels at Koh Lanta. Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Roy