We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook transfer times

Which Playa de Muro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook transfer times

Hi - could anybody tell me approximately how long a thomas cook transfer to Playa de Muro takes? We are considering the Grupotel Maritimo but have a daughter who suffers from bad travel sickness in coaches over long journeys (despite travel sickness tablets!). Thank you for any replies.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook transfer times

Hi I travelled there a few years ago with TC and I'm going back this summer, our transfer took around 1 and a half hours due to all the drop offs- we were the last one! The actual bus time along the motorway to Alcudia was only about 40 mins but they drop off all the Alcudia hotels first then go along to Playa De Muro!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook transfer times

I sympathise as I have the same affliction on buses and in the back seats of cars.

The best news for you is that if the transfer is going to Playa de Muro and dropping off in Alcudia/Puerto Alcudia most of the journey (the first 45 minutes) is on straight motorway.But the number of drop offs could add 30 minutes or more to the transfer time.If the transfer is direct to Playa de Muro (unlikely) the route will be from PMI on major roads but not motorways via Santa Margalida and that will not be comfortable for your daughter.

I take Stugeron 15 which you can get in Boots or Superdrug.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook transfer times

Don't know if you have tried travel sickness bands. My other half suffers from travel sickness and find these help her. Only cost a couple of quid so maybe worth a try. Here is one link for them but they also sell them in the Post Office, Boots etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=travel+wristbands&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=6753164286&ref=pd_sl_5x45mh817d_b

West Lothian
Level Contributor
109 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook transfer times

My daughter is a bit like that but we buy water as we come through the airport and the buses are air conditioned and quite comfortable while the road as previously mentioned is Motorway most of the way.

Sit on the left handside of the bus so you can get a good lool at the mountains as you head up North and the drop - offs don't take too long.

Edited: 12:09 pm, May 13, 2011
england
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook transfer times

hi took just under an hour when i went to playa de muro.we droped at ca'n pickafort first then playa de muro alcudia was last.with the travel sickness, try giving your daughter a mint or maybe something with ginger in,try to get her to look straight ahead rather than out the window.try not to let her read/have chocolate(can make it lot worse) . the above are tricks that i have found worked for me or made it worse,over the years. hopefully your daughter will grow out of it as she gets older.have a great holiday.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook transfer times

Thanks to all of you for your helpful replies-will try out the remedies this summer!

bristol
Level Contributor
282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook transfer times

hi yes we also came in from the can'picafort end and were one of the first drop offs about 45 mins

8. Re: Thomas Cook transfer times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Playa de Muro