We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa de Muro / Excursions/ Hotel Continental Park

Which Playa de Muro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
holidaycelebrate28
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Playa de Muro / Excursions/ Hotel Continental Park

Hi - my husband & I are staying at the Hotel Continental Park, in July with our 4yr old son for 1wk

Choose the hotel because it was a cheap all inclusive and near to the beach.

I've read on the internet public transport isnt great in Playa de Muro and it isn't that easy to travel into Alcudia (husband doesnt like driving abroad)

We're not the type of family who lounge round pools all day! just wondered if there are any boat trips we can go on in Playa de Muro, walks worth doing, animal sanctuaries to visit (or anything else really whilst we are there - excursions etc).

I presume we will have to travel to go to a dolphin/sealion show - where would the nearest one be & what would the approximate cost be to get in?

I know all inclusive hotels are usually crap when it comes to alcohol (we chose them as we drink bucket loads of fizzy drinks during the day) - is there anywhere near the hotel we could get cocktails from? or maybe go out for a nice meal?

Is there a harbour in Playa de Muro?

With regards to Hotel Continental Park, do you get a hairdryer in the room? will there be airconditioning in July? do they do malibu or something similar within their all inclusive, cocktails etc.... & if not can you buy it there (at the hotel). Can you hire tennis rackets for the tennis courts & if so how much does it cost..

Thank you

wales uk
Level Contributor
188 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa de Muro / Excursions/ Hotel Continental Park

Plenty of buses running along the coast road. We went to Alcudia Market(very busy and full buses) and the Port of Alcudia. Not sure where else they ran to, I'm sure the hotel will be able to help you and if I remember right there were time tables at the bus stops.

No harbour in Playa de Muro but a beautiful beach.

Hope this helps, have a good holiday

West Lothian
Level Contributor
109 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa de Muro / Excursions/ Hotel Continental Park

I guess you can categorise Playa de Muro as a collection of resort hotels based next to a fabulous beach.

Boat trips are avaialable from the pier at the Las Gaviotas stretch of beach. There is a Maze and of course the wonderful s'albufera nature reserve. You can hire bikes to get yourself around the area a bit.

There is no town square to focus the entertainment around , instead its more a long strip with some nice bars and restraunts..

Purto Alcudia and C'an Picafort are easily accessible by taxi or bus for a busier scene.

3. Re: Playa de Muro / Excursions/ Hotel Continental Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Playa de Muro