We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

Which Uttarkashi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

Hi All, I am planning to visit Gangotri during Dushera break. Please suggest whether I can reach to Uttarkashi in a day time. I will start early morning from Delhi on Ritz. By what Time I will reach to Uttarkashi. Is it safe to self drive the car till Uttarkashi. I plan to take SUV from Uttarkashi to visit Gomukh/ Gangotri. Can I complete the the trip to Gomukh / Gangotri in one day. Thanks for your advise in advance. Rgds- Mandeep

India
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

You can reach Delhi to Uttarkashi in one day but only after a bone rattling 12 - 16 hours drive. Depending upon the road condition and the mode of transport you choose. You can complete the Gangotri Gomukh Gangotri in one day but only if you are very fit and intend to walk about 36 kms in one day.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,380 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

The itinerary should be as follows :

Day 01 : Delhi - Haridwar (200 Kms/6 Hrs drive)

Day 02 : Haridwar - Uttarkashi - Gangotri (270 Kms/8 hrs drive)

Day 03 : Gangotri- Bhujbasa (18 Kms.trek)

Day 04 : Bhujbasa - Gaumukh - Bhojvasa (5 kms trek one way)

Day 05 : Bhujbasa - Gangotri - Uttarkashi (18 Kms trek + 100 Kms drive)

Day 06 : Uttarkashi - Rishikesh (145 kms/ 6 hrs.drive)

Day 07 : Rishikesh - Delhi (230 Kms/6 hrs)

AshisRoy

Edited: 7:32 am, September 01, 2011
Dehradun
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

6Night & 7Days Car + Hotel Package for Gangotri @ Rs. 21,500 Per Person with a Luxury Car & DLX Accomodation.

Please call us @ 09690749753 for details

dehradun
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

hi,

best root from delhi to uttarkashi is following:

delhi -> haridwar.

haridwar->uttarkashi

If you are travelling by Bus then u can get direct bus from haridwar to uttarkashi and it will take 6-7 hrs from haridwar to uttarkashi by bus.

travelling by ur own car is fine but u have to take rest in between delhi to uttarkashi will be approx. 12-14 hrs journey.

Along the way from haridwar to uttarkashi, u will find many places.

For information u can visit this site www.lukmyworld.com

regards

shanu

Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

Hi,i m planing to go to gangotri-gomukh on May 2013.My son is now 12+, can he go to gomukh. I need a correct information.PLEASE

Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

Hi,i m planing to go to gangotri-gomukh on May 2013.My son is now 12+, can he go to gomukh. I need a correct information.PLEASE

Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

9. Re: Delhi to Uttarkashi / Gangotri/Gomukh by road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 01, 2013