We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

padi diving course nr phuket town

uk
Level Contributor
67 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
padi diving course nr phuket town

can anyone suggest a great padi school near or in phuket town? we are there for only 5 days arriving this friday night so need to book in for sat or sun to get it completed,staying in cape phanwa so something near there would be ideal...thanks.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,483 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: padi diving course nr phuket town

The diving schools are not in that area, they are located in the Chalong-Kata-Patong area, plus some further up North.

However, that does not have to be a problem, for the course we can come and pickup you up from Panwa every day, as I'm sure some other diving schools can do as well.

Steven from phuket-scuba.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: padi diving course nr phuket town

I am also thinking of staying in Phuket next year. I want to do a padi open water course. How much would it cost? And how many days would it take?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,483 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: padi diving course nr phuket town

Open water course willtake 3-4 days, depending on the setup of the course.

Prices vary from divecenter to divecenter, I think the cheapest at the moment will be around 12,000 Baht, with most a bitmore expensive, upto 18,000 Baht.

Steven from phuket-scuba.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: padi diving course nr phuket town

A local search on Google places will list most good Registered PADI Diving shops and Resorts close to and covering Phuket Town and Cape Panwa areas.....watch out for Cowboy Operators and small Tour desks with little or no comprehension of available diving, or whats dive sites are currently open or in accessible.

Safe Diving

David from Phuket

5. Re: padi diving course nr phuket town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 19, 2014