We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations in Phuket

Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Accomodations in Phuket

Hello,

A few friends and I will spend 4 days in Phuket. What is the best place to stay to maximize our time there? What are the must-do things?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Rockingham...
Level Contributor
604 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations in Phuket

Hi Fae1983

Not the best one on here to answer your questions, as I have only been once (but loved it)

Phuket town is not really the best place to stay I would say, You would be better looking more along the coast.

Anywhere from Kata up, depending on how lively you like your surrounds to be.

It is easy to move around the whole island by taxi or tours and shorter distances by tuk tuks, so you would have no problem there.

So I hope that helps abit.

Camy xx

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodations in Phuket

If you would like to have a look at the Phuket forum not the Phuket Town forum, you will find on the top left hand side a listing of Phuket Hotel, Things to Do, Restaurants. As camyPerthAustralia has mentioned maybe something at one of the beaches may be more to your liking.

Phuket Town is a great place to visit and shop, or stay if that is what you really want. However, there is probably more happening around the beach areas. Up to you. Happy researching. CJ

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodations in Phuket

have been to phuket many times and i always stay in patong we stay at the baumanburi hotel it is right next to otop markets and down the road from bangla rd and robinsons one thing that is great is a day at the zoo get a photo with a tiger or ape or snake a cheap day out taxi will take you there and pick you up also an island trip either james bond or phi phi they will arrange alltransfers to and from your hotel and the night markets in old patong town once again a taxi will drop you off and pick you up, we are traveling there next week again this will be my 9th trip so if there is any thing else you want to know please feel free to email me and exchange your money on the street not at the airport the exchange places are everywhere and remember haggle haggle haggle a taxi from the airport should cost you 500 bath (15 aud)

4. Re: Accomodations in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:38 pm, June 07, 2013