We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about Phuket town night market

canary islands
Level Contributor
379 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about Phuket town night market

Hi all,

I've read so much about these markets that I don't know where I'm going now.

Are Talad Nad Chao Fa Variety market, Wat Naka Weekend Night market and Jatujak market all the same market in Chao Fa Road?

What days/times are the day markets & what nights/times are the night markets?

We are staying in Kata on Patak road near the Post Office, is the best way for us to get to the night market to get a driver who will wait for us & bring us back? About how much should this cost?

As we intend to graze/snack as we go, what your top tip for a snack or food stall that we shouldn't miss.

Last of all, are there any toilets nearby?

Thanks ever so much

Queensland
Level Contributor
483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about Phuket town night market

Hi - Wat Naka Weekend Night Markets are as they indicate on each weekend and to my recollection start around 4pm. (I believe they are all the same but am happy for someone to correct me).

If you are hiring a driver for a day trip - it would be a good idea to include the markets as part of your day trip. Your driver will happily wait for you. Not sure how much a driver would charge just to take you to the markets and wait and return you to Kata.

Another alternative is to catch the blue baht bus into Old Phuket Town - you could then organise a driver to take you back to Kata.

There are plenty of food stalls - and the choice is amazing - everything from fried crickets to corn on the cob.

Have a great time and hope you grab some bargains.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about Phuket town night market

If you are hiring a driver or a tuk tuk , they will know where you want to go if you just say Phuket Town Market... we had no problems with finding someone to understand where you want to go...

If you are booking a driver for the day they will more than happily wait for you while you shop... we found going there and back not a lot less than a day trip! the night we went we got a driver from Gracelands in Phuket to the market and then the driver came back a couple of hours later as pre arranged and also gave us his mobile number if we wished to leave earlier or later... we paid 600bht return...

food.. glorious food... it is honestly too hard to say .. the food court area is huge with a big variety of different things and so cheap... my suggestion.. graze.. :) then maybe shop a little.. then back to the food area..

def worth the trip.. shopping here is great so much cheaper than Patong.. we paid 100 bht for sunglasses here.. this was the marked price on them.. in Patong couldnt get them below 200 and this was with a lot of bargaining!

Enjoy

Chelle

3. Re: Confused about Phuket town night market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 24, 2012