We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phuket to phi-phi

abu dhabi
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
phuket to phi-phi

hello, can you help me to answer my question?

1. what is the best place to stay phuket or phi-phi?

2. if i stay in phuket can i visit the phi-phi island by boat or by tour for a day?

Chai travel and Day Tour in Phuket
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
At Phuket Tour
Sightseeing Tours
Walis Phuket Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals
Siam Evasion
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,399 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phuket to phi-phi

Hi

What place to stay will depend on what you want to do and what your budget is. Phi Phi is pretty low key and after 2-3 nights could be boring.

There are day trips and ferries to Phi Phi just about ever day - its easy to get to from Phuket.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
936 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
abu dhabi
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phuket to phi-phi

thanks for the reply, my 1st option is to stay in phuket and get a day trip on phi-phi cause i dont want to carry a big laguage to shift to another place if i can visit a day tour on phi-phi. so thanks a lot for the info that there is a fery going to phi-phi every day.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: phuket to phi-phi

I would always suggest doing both, a day trip to Phi Phi is great but you don't really get to experience it, if you have the time I would spend a few nights on Phi Phi.

The luggage really isn't that much of an issue, the Thai people and transfer operators are all over it - the assist you so you are not moving luggage from ferry to smaller boat or stacking it on your own or if you are unable to do so.

Highly reccomend the first or last 2 or 3 nights of your trip to be spent on Phi Phi.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
936 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
abu dhabi
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phuket to phi-phi

i will consider your advice to stay at phi-phi, by the way what hotel can you recomend me at phuket? i like the crowd near to club, resto and also market, for 4days, because in phi-phi i only see the phi-phi village to stay. i'm considering the Dewa Phuket or The Bliss Suites or The village coconut island for relaxation and privicy. Can you sugest much nice place, but the budget is around 5000-7000 thb per night .

thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: phuket to phi-phi

In Patong I always stay at the Holiday Inn Busakron Wing and then the Holiday Inn on Phi Phi - which may not appeal as it is away from the main area.

Having not stayed at the resorts in Tonsai I can only base my advice on others comments - the Cabanna Hotel rates well with other travellers, check out the resorts on the left and read the reveiws - but really its a bed, Phi Phi is so nice you won't stay indoors for long!

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
936 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
6. Re: phuket to phi-phi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 23, 2012