We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authentic Thai Food

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
95 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Authentic Thai Food

Arrive in Phuket in July staying in Karon with wife and 3 children 4,6,11. Non of us are fussy eaters and the children can cope with spicy food. So any good recommendations on Authentic restaurants/shops would be great. We are not too concerned how the décor, table and chairs, toilets etc... look.

Just wanting Really tasty Thai food. Willing to travel anywhere on Phuket.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
607 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Authentic Thai Food

For great Thai food at good prices you cant do better than the Red Onion

New Delhi, India
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Authentic Thai Food

Try No 6 at Patong.....right next to bangla road and Jungceylon mall.....Possibly the only restaurant in Patong which has a que....and a minimum waiting time of almost of 30 mts+....But the food is to top notch!!!

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Jungceylon
Jungceylon
5,578 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Authentic Thai Food

I had to reply to that! Thanks for the comment "no rambling on, shoots from the hip!". Cheers! There are quite a few good restaurants that I really like for proper local food such as Kopitiam in Phuket Town, Tunk Ka Cafe on top of Rang Hill (also Phuket Town) .. Laem Hin Seafood, a bit north of Phuket Town, also the floating restaurants near Laem Hin. A couple more : Dairy Hut, and Yellow Door, both on the north side of Phuket Town near the Bangkok Phuket hospital... My choices tend to be in and around town as that's where we live and I really don't eat much near the main tourist beaches. But the Phad Thai in Karon is good :)

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Adelaide
Level Contributor
28 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Authentic Thai Food

try Lotus restaurant..for great thai food..and the view is amazing..right on the beach..is at bang tao beach

25. Re: Authentic Thai Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 17, 2015