We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Military unrest

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Military unrest

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone is over in Phuket at the moment? We are heading there in just over 2 weeks and want to know if it's going to be ok. I see they have a curfew at the moment.

Thank you

Erin

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,870 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Military unrest

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k7…

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Military unrest

Erin, there is no military unrest at all, it is a Military Coup and yes for a couple of days so far there has been a curfew starting at 10pm until 5am. Outside of that everything is normal, nothing to worry about :)

Cathy

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Military unrest

Agree with cathy&gary....all is a normal, we do not notice anything more than we cant do late hours out in eve.

You dont need to worry, all people are smiling and happy, the food tasty and the sun is shining! ;)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Military unrest

Oh that is great to hear.. Thank you so much. I feel a lot better now.. Hope you are all having a wonderful trip..

Thank you x

5. Re: Military unrest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 26, 2015