We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

centara karon terrace superior room.

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
queensland
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
centara karon terrace superior room.

Hi guys,

Heading over to Centara Karon in January 2014. The only accommodation left is a mt superior room or 1 bedroom cabana. The terrace room looks a bit concrete.Anyone had any experiences with either of these options and what might be best for two adults 2 kids?

Regards,

Leanne

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
492 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: centara karon terrace superior room.

Beryl, From what I remember (we stayed in May this year) the Terraces was the high rise section of the hotel, with the reception area

underneath, the 1 bed cabana are in a separate area, near the day spa. We stayed in the Deluxe family studio at the lagoon (2 adults/2kids) and it was a big room for the 4 of us. I guess it depends on if you are happy with high rise v's your own little cabana, I would assume there would be quite a big price difference though?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,385 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: centara karon terrace superior room.

We also stayed at the deluxe family room at the same hotel which was good enough for us. It was a bit out in another part of the hotel. Not sure I would be happy at the high rise which is on the same block as the reception for check in.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: centara karon terrace superior room.

Hi we are staying in a cabana in 2 weeks the 2 adults 2 children can let you know after:)

We booked this over anything else for the private "pool".

Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: centara karon terrace superior room.

Hi Leanne,

What exactly do you want from the holiday, we are here now. all the rooms are nice, but only a few are near the main features of the resort. after being shown our first room which was 2 flights of stairs and 2 elevator rides away from the main reception/pool/adult pool. we were sown another one on the other side of the complex. also very far away from everything.

You will like whatever room you have here as they are all really nice and majority are sea view, but most are also a long walk from things so if possible, and you want to be near main things, stipulate this when booking.

Saltash, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: centara karon terrace superior room.

Are the cabanas nice?

queensland
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: centara karon terrace superior room.

Thanks for the info guys. We have family staying in the lagoon deluxe rooms and wanted similar but according to the agent they are all booked out. We are staying for ten nights and I will be having some dental treatment during that time. The accommodation doesn't have to be flash just comfortable, The problem is that they wont guarantee interconnecting rooms and I don't want us to be in one room a million miles away from the kids room.Cabanas look nice..Not sure what to do....

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: centara karon terrace superior room.

Have you contacted the hotel to check availability with them?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
405 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: centara karon terrace superior room.

As Above.. I would check with hotel directly..!!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: centara karon terrace superior room.

If you have other family staying in the Lagoon rooms, the cabanas are significantly closer to them than the Terraces. I also believe they are a lot more expensive than the terraces, but you get what you pay for. Just finished our second visit to Centara and loved it. We stayed in the Tropicale rooms, which are the furthest from reception (and Terraces) and the entrance back out onto the street etc. Will be posting some info and a review soon, if you're interested!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: centara karon terrace superior room.

We're staying at that resort next March/April with 2 young children in a 1 bedroom pool cabana. We were originally going to book 2 interconnecting deluxe lagoon rooms, but decided against it since it couldn't be guaranteed. Our next choice was the family deluxe studio, but in the end decided on the pool cabana based on a friend's feedback...

Friends of ours also with young children, just got back from staying in a 1 bedroom pool cabana. They suggested this as it wasn't directly near the pool and so a bit quieter than the deluxe rooms, but yet still close to restaurant, kids club etc. My kids go to bed about 7 and there would still be people in the pool making noise at that time. Also, they said that there's no shade over the main pools in the morning so the kids could stay out of the sun and play in the cabana's little pool and parents could relax out there at night.

I've read quite a few reviews in this resort and I think the Terraces have the potential to get a lot of street noise. The pool cabana would be more expensive though, especially in January so depends also on your budget. Whatever you choose, it looks like a great resort, I'm sure you'll have fun. I can't wait to go!

Edited: 11:21 pm, September 12, 2013