We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out and what to see in phuket

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
eating out and what to see in phuket

Planning to visit phuket in july...were can go out for dinner there?and what does it cost?

what are the places to see in phuket other than the trip to the various islands?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out and what to see in phuket

Dinner in Phuket can cost anywhere from 150 baht for an average meal including a fresh mixed fruit juice,rice and a curry or similar at a nice restaurant away from the beach....or you could pay as high as 1000 baht for a meal at a higher class restaurant....As the Thais say..."Up to you..!!".....

With other places to see besides islands...I would suggest you go into a tour office and browse thru their hundreds of brochures on display.....

Have you read the FAQ's on the right of the forum page...??...A lot of your questions can be answered there...!!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,490 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out and what to see in phuket

Have a look at Cathy & Garys web site and see their comments about all the restaurants they have eaten at.

Lots of pictures and costs.

queensland
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out and what to see in phuket

Im leaving next week for the first time. And yes cathy and gary helpful. I also did my own research and booked 4 tours online. Compaired to the hotel and saved heaps. Im doing james bond, fanatsea, tour around the island. ( i would suggest to get personal driver for 8 hours dont pay more than 2000 get for 1800 or lower. Plus avt, and elephant ride. If i have enuff time do phi phi island and zoo. Look at phuket tours online workout prices from your hotel offers you.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out and what to see in phuket

Hi. If you are staying in Karon here are a few restaurants that I highly recommend

Ging - Aroona Arcade near the Old Phuket. Beautiful food, fantastic service & reasonably priced.

Bai Toey - Aroona Arcade - delicious food, good service and good prices.

No Name - next to the Bamboo Pharmacy - great food, good service and very cheap.

For a drink you can try -

Little Mermaid - great little spot for people watching.

No Name Bar - another good people watching spot. Free pool table.

Aussie Bar.

Auto Bar - a combie van which serves amazing cocktails, has music and Mike the bartender puts on a show.

Enjoy :)

Edited: 6:10 pm, April 22, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating out and what to see in phuket

I can Highly reccommend No.6 on the hill. Food is delicious and REALLY cheap. Amazing views and nice atmosphere. We went there several times on our last trip to phuket and we are going again next week, so No.6 is the first restaurant we'll be visiting. We are a family of 4, we ate entree main and dessert, including beer softdrinks and a cocktail our bill worked out at Aus$30! You'll even get a free lift back into town by the owner (or if you are in town and can go to the No.6 in patong they'll drive you up to the hill for free too!). A tuk tuk up the hill from patong beach is only 200B.

6. Re: eating out and what to see in phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 26, 2014