We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best month to visit

Essex
Level Contributor
158 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Best month to visit

Is April a good time to visit Karon? I am thinking of visiting next April with my two young boys and I would like to go when there is little rain. Is this the wrong time? I know its impossible to predict the weather, but in general?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best month to visit

April is great, it's beginning of low season and no so crowded as in beginning of year. Even it will be raining, it will be finished in a few minutes.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,040 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best month to visit

Hottest time of the year though.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,810 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best month to visit

Any time is best....High season is more expensive, hotels are at their highest rates, but best weather. Low season, better deals, but some rain. It is very hot at this time of year, but the rains are supposedly coming so will cool things and settle the dust.

Edited: 11:53 pm, April 02, 2013
Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best month to visit

April will be ok the rains start in May.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best month to visit

We were here in May last year and had a few rainy days. But not all day, just in big bursts, and then the sun would come out. We're here now and it's hot and humid. It's school holidays in Australia and I think everyone's holidaying here.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best month to visit

my 2 cents worth is pretty simple, ANY time is a good time to visit :) it might rain & it will be a bit warm but it is Phuket & it is beautiful :)

TX

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best month to visit

For the weather is really hardly to tell.But for sure on April is very hot.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best month to visit

It rained last night, so today is really very, very humid. The sun is out and the pools are beckoning. We were in the pool this morning, just the 2 of us, from 7-8 am. Heaven

queensland
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best month to visit

Im going at the end april in one high season then goes into low season 1 may. And hotels drop there prices. At the moment there temperatures 34 degs to 27 at night. Doesnt worry me. I come from sunny state. At present wet state. Qld. Lol

NSW
Level Contributor
235 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best month to visit

April is our favourite time to go. We fly out this Saturday!

Get answers to your questions about Karon
Recent Conversations