We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Karon is the market in the video please?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Topic
Where in Karon is the market in the video please?

Hi All,

I found this video on youtube mentioning the Karon night market...can someone please confirm if this is the temple markets or there is another market elsewhere?

It has been a couple of years since we visited the Karon temple market and don't remember it looking fully like this video.

http://youtu.be/U-4JRRNiiG0

Thanks in advance for replies, one month until we go and just wanted to make sure there isn't another market I have missed in Karon.

Cheers.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in Karon is the market in the video please?

Hi - nothing like what we have seen while in Karon. Temple market did not have any vehicles driving through while we were there - the roadway was full of stalls and pedestrians, no traffic inside. If in Karon, then I also don't know where this was taken! Were last there in Sept 2012, if that helps. Have a great holiday.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Karon is the market in the video please?

The market in the video is at the north end of Karon Beach. It is set up for Loy Krathong Festival, and maybe one or two other times or festivals per year. Towards the end of the video, it features some restaurants that are permanent on the edge of the lagoon.

The other markets in Karon are the permanent ones on Beach Road and the Temple markets held every Tuesday and Saturday evening.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in Karon is the market in the video please?

Thanks Brio2.

So if I came down Patak rd from the temple markets to the round about, would I turn right and go along that way and this is on the left somewhere? Or am I completely wrong?

Just trying to get my bearings if there are some permanent restaurants setup to have a look at.

We are going at the start of may so suspect these markets won't be around and we will have to hit up the Karon temple markets and Phuket town market which are already planned.

Thanks again.

4. Re: Where in Karon is the market in the video please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 02, 2014