We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karon or Koh Saumi

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
geelong
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Karon or Koh Saumi

HI we are looking for a holiday in Thailand at the end of June, was thinking Karon but I believe the beaches won't be good for swimming at time of year due to rips and was wondering if koh Saumi would be better? I have a 3 year old that loves the water and can't take her on a beach holiday if she can't swim in the ocean. Cheers

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karon or Koh Saumi

If it just for swimming in the sea, then Koh Samui would be much better at that time of year. Was in Samui last June and it was perfect.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karon or Koh Saumi

Unfortunately the sea off Karon beach is far too dangerous for swimming between May to October due to the very strong rip tides. If you decide to come to Phuket then opt for a hotel like The Hilton in Karon which has about 5 swimming pools, some with water slides.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Karon or Koh Saumi

Hi

Agree with Nairobi June the weather will better in koh samui as it is their dry season.

Have a look at either South Chaweng beach ( Centara grand beach resort)

Or Choengmon beach ( imperial boat house). Theses two beaches are beautiful with white soft sand talcum like.

Happy planning :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,923 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karon or Koh Saumi

Hi

Agree with the others, if your primary concern is a safe sea (and no sea is ever safe) then Samui will be more safer than Karon at that time of year. Heed the words of Ringo who is on Karon beach every day!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Karon or Koh Saumi

I would also go with Samui in June, check out all the hotels between Samui Paradise and the Banana Fan resort, this is the best stretch of beach.

geelong
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Karon or Koh Saumi

Thanks everyone looks like its Samui for us, so glad I came across your info ringo otherwise I would have booked Karon. Cheers

7. Re: Karon or Koh Saumi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 07, 2014