We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara grand beach Karon or Horizon karon beach

Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Centara grand beach Karon or Horizon karon beach

We are going to phuket and want to stay in Karon in March. My Husband and myself to celebrate my 50th. I was thinking about staying in the club wing or equilavent. Can . anyone giv e me advise as to which is better. Also for locations of markets and other restuarants. thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara grand beach Karon or Horizon karon beach

The Centara Grand is a relatively new 5 star resort, Horizon Karon is 3.5-4 star.

I would say that Horizon would be better located out of the two so far as proximity to other restaurants ect but that said, The Centara Grand is around a 15 min walk to the restaurants and shops or a 2 min tuk tuk ride.

Darkan, Australia
Level Contributor
655 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara grand beach Karon or Horizon karon beach

Centra Grand is by far the the nicer of the two hotels. It is a bit further to walk of the two, but then again we don't mind a 15/20 minute easy stroll.

Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara grand beach Karon or Horizon karon beach

Thank You for your advise fresh_prince & Fivestar. Just another question the walk from centra grand to the rest. ect is the walk on the road or is there a "phuket" type of footpath. And is it a safe walk ie from other tuk tuk cars and motor bikes.

Edited: 7:48 am, November 11, 2012
4. Re: Centara grand beach Karon or Horizon karon beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 26, 2013