We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

centara grand beach resort karon

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
centara grand beach resort karon

Hi everyone, here we go again checking out things for our second trip to phuket.

We are seriously looking to book this hotel for mid march 2013 for family of 4 (husband & wife,10yr old and 78 yrb old mother in law.) hotel looks good and vast majority of reviews look good. One question i have is with the amnount of stairs etc will a 78 yr old be able to handle it. Mum in law is a bit slow but gets there in the end and just need to hear from others if they think hotel is suitable for a lady of her age. Thanks to all who hopefully reply.

Cheers, Noel.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: centara grand beach resort karon

We have stayed here a few times and about to go again.

80% of the rooms require minimal effort to get to them. While you cannot guarantee certain rooms before arrival, I have Always found them to be very accommodating with requests, and especially considering your mother's age there should be no problem.

We have stayed in the highest block before, and while it can feel like a long way, it is really just 100m at most. Plus they will pick you up in a golf buggy if you ring reception and take you anywhere in the resort you wish.

It is an amazing resort for both adults and kids and I am sure you will have a blast

2. Re: centara grand beach resort karon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 14, 2013