We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current exchange rate for pound sterling (£)

Washington
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Current exchange rate for pound sterling (£)

Can anyone tell me what is todays exchange rate for sterling travellers cheques to Thai baht both in Centara Karon resort Hotel and in the local banks and money exchanges.

Edited: 8:50 am, September 13, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Current exchange rate for pound sterling (£)

Never change your money in a hotel, the rates are not competitive. Please look at the main Thailand forum page, on the right you'll see a set of FAQs which includes one on currency and money matters - there's a link to a site which gives all the Thai banks exchange rates each day.

Mentioned in this post
Washington
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Current exchange rate for pound sterling (£)

Thanks 'bbtony'.

Which of the banks on the list are in Karon ie is there a 'Super Ritch', Krung Thai, UOB, Bangkok, Bank of Ayudhya, etc.?

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
nottingham
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current exchange rate for pound sterling (£)

todays rate for serling to thb is 49.95bht so its getting closer to the 50bht mark we are traverling to centara karon in november and i am taking cash with me and exchangeing when i get there no travel cheques just cash in a money belt spot on.

only 7 and a half weeks left bring it on yay:):):):)

4. Re: Current exchange rate for pound sterling (£)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 15, 2013