We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night markets in karon

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
65 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
night markets in karon

will be staying in karon over xmas,i want to go shoping mad ,so where is the best night market,is phuket town the best,iam after fakes handbags tops ect ect ,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: night markets in karon

so this is on definitely every Tuesday and Sat night? For some reason I thought it was Tues and Sunday.....what time does it start and when does it finish?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: night markets in karon

yes so tuesday saturday what time do they start?

sydney
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: night markets in karon

6-7pm ish maybe slightly earlier I'd suggest getting there around 830

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: night markets in karon

sorry but the first time I went to them a few years ago they were finishing around 7.30-8pm and I didn't get to see much, so I would definitely get there earlier. I went a few weeks ago and was lucky it was a Buddist festival that week so the markets were on all week.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: night markets in karon

Hi,

On my last visit Karon Temple Markets were open Tueday and Saturday from approx 2pm to 8pm.

Caloundra...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: night markets in karon

Hi just read your post, I'm going to Bangkok in 5 weeks for 3 night then to phuket, would love to know your tips and tricks.

Cheers

Chris

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: night markets in karon

Hi Chris,

See my private message.

Murwillumbah...
2 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: night markets in karon

The night market at the temple is on Wednesday and Saturday night, lt is varied and inexpensive. The one open all the time on the beach road is expensive and the Indians will harass you and are very rude and try to overcharge. They will even abuse you if you go into their shop and don't buy anything.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: night markets in karon

they must have changed since I was last there in Feb....I have never found them to be rude, even if just looking, but maybe that is because I go in the day when it is hot so they can't be bothered lol.

Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: night markets in karon

I don't know about Wednesday and Saturday, but we just visited the temple markets last Tuesday night. Great food (the smoky marinated chicken skewers are amazing!). Clothes are generally more expensive than Phuket Town markets.

Get answers to your questions about Karon