We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Tailor at Karon Beach

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
26 reviews
Recommended Tailor at Karon Beach

Hi folks, I've read through numbeous threads on recommended tailor in Thailand however, I didn't really come across any recommended tailors at Karon Beach.

I'll be heading to Phuket and staying at Karon beach in mid June.

I really want to.tailor make some.good skirts and dress. Is there any recommended tailor at Karon?

I've seen a lot of good reviews on instyle fashion, and know that they have an outlet at Karon, are they of a same standard of the one at Patong?

Plus, if I wan to tailor make a dress, do I need to bring any pictures of a dress or they have photos that I can chose from?

I'm willing to pay for the materials but would seek you guys recommendation on the tailor that can compliment the materials.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Recommended Tailor at Karon Beach

My husband used the tailor at the resort. centara karon. We took a shirt with us that we wanted copied but they didnt use that material so it couldnt be. done. We did get a pair of pants ajusted and were very happy. There was no pressure and they were lovely and so friendly. Not sure if that helps you.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Recommended Tailor at Karon Beach

Thank You Nic. Really appreciate your response.

I just came back from Phuket. Apparently, I've Been reading through a lot of forums and web sites commenting on the various tailors available in Phuket and I couldn't make up my choice on one. I decided jus pick up some recommendation from the locals.

My driver picked me up from airport and I seek his suggestions on the recommended tailor available. Initially he wanted to bring me to one smaller tailor shop but it's not open. Well, no other choice, we went for the second choice, Tom's International Collection. It's located at Patong beach area.

It's a pretty huge tailor boutique shop with a second storey for fittings. Once u stepped into the shop, it's all different colours and rolls and rolls of cloth. Pretty impressed by the outlet size and the number of people working there.

The pricing is steep. Initially he qouted me for 8500baht for 3skirts and bargain to 6000baht for 3 with a better quality material cloth.

I stayed in Karon so I got to take a cab back to Patong for a second fit the next day.

Well, all I say is the workmanship is pretty decent with quality and material assurance. The job is completed within a day and a half which requires one fitting check before official delivery. After my one fitting check in noon without major amendments, the skirts were delivered to my hotel at Karon beach on the same day evening.

However, for a decent kind of work and material, I believe there is a much better tailors around offering better pricing.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Recommended Tailor at Karon Beach

Thank You Nic. Really appreciate your response.

I just came back from Phuket. Apparently, I've Been reading through a lot of forums and web sites commenting on the various tailors available in Phuket and I couldn't make up my choice on one. I decided jus pick up some recommendation from the locals.

My driver picked me up from airport and I seek his suggestions on the recommended tailor available. Initially he wanted to bring me to one smaller tailor shop but it's not open. Well, no other choice, we went for the second choice, Tom's International Collection. It's located at Patong beach area.

It's a pretty huge tailor boutique shop with a second storey for fittings. Once u stepped into the shop, it's all different colours and rolls and rolls of cloth. Pretty impressed by the outlet size and the number of people working there.

The pricing is steep. Initially he qouted me for 8500baht for 3skirts and bargain to 6000baht for 3 with a better quality material cloth.

I stayed in Karon so I got to take a cab back to Patong for a second fit the next day.

Well, all I say is the workmanship is pretty decent with quality and material assurance. The job is completed within a day and a half which requires one fitting check before official delivery. After my one fitting check in noon without major amendments, the skirts were delivered to my hotel at Karon beach on the same day evening.

However, for a decent kind of work and material, I believe there is a much better tailors around offering better pricing.

Anonymous
3 posts
1 review
4. Re: Recommended Tailor at Karon Beach

Hi,

I wanted to let you know about a tailor that I didn't have a good experience with. I went to ISLAND CREATIONS and had a suit made, I also had a cashmere coat made for my wife. The suit was amazing, however the cashmere coat was not the color my wife wanted. When we let the owner know this he flipped out and started yelling at us. He called us stupid Americans, shook his finger in our face, made my wife cry, and threatened to not give me my suit or money back. He said to go contact the police if we wanted to. We were completely calm and collected the whole time, so his actions were not instigated by us. The young guy who ran the shop came to our savior and made the owner calm down and leave. I would recommend this tailor had the owner never shown his face. What an a**hole, do not go here.

Daniel

Anonymous
3 posts
1 review
5. Re: Recommended Tailor at Karon Beach

Hi,

I wanted to let you know about a tailor that I didn't have a good experience with. I went to ISLAND CREATIONS and had a suit made, I also had a cashmere coat made for my wife. The suit was amazing, however the cashmere coat was not the color my wife wanted. When we let the owner know this he flipped out and started yelling at us. He called us stupid Americans, shook his finger in our face, made my wife cry, and threatened to not give me my suit or money back. He said to go contact the police if we wanted to. We were completely calm and collected the whole time, so his actions were not instigated by us. The young guy who ran the shop came to our savior and made the owner calm down and leave. I would recommend this tailor had the owner never shown his face. What an a**hole, do not go here.

Daniel

6. Re: Recommended Tailor at Karon Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 12, 2013