We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

My son (15 yo) has been told there is a shooting range and go-karting in Phuket. I have not been able to track down where these activities are located.

Does any one know where they are?

Are they any good?

Are they suitable for a 15 year old?

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

The shooting complex/ cafe in Jungceylon is good, you can shoot different types of guns at targets. Not sure if they have an age restriction.

It is done under supervision. Approx 800 baht for 10 rounds from memory.

The main shooting range/ gun club is out of Patong but for only adults I think.

Go Kart Speedway karting is on the hill coming into Patong on the left. Most tourists go here.

There is another kart place opposite side of road with faster 125 rotax karts.

It is drive at your own risk, any damages to karts you pay, so be warned.

Our kids have used all of these many times with no problems. Sue

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

I found the go-karting website

http://www.gokartthailand.com/

but couldnt find prices on it, maybe im blind? lol though this website I think is talking about the same place and it has some prices phuket101.net/2011/08/go-kart-in-phuket.html

I have heard there is a shooting range as well and would be interested to know if anyone has info on it as well. I have found this website though not sure if its the right place as I havent been to Thailand yet (roll on May!)

http://www.phuket-shooting.com/index.html

Edited: 1:36 am, April 03, 2012
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

That is the outdoor shooting range purplified, and the original go kart track.

heres some footage of the fast go kart track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9IRGod7W-A

some more info on the shooting cafe at Jungceylon

phuket.com/activities/patong-activities.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbRKgvlRSCY

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

Shooting range and Go-Karts and Elephant Rides on Chalong Rd RHS from Kata just before Chalong Circle. And, your driver will get a commission from each venue as a reward for bringing you there.

5. Re: Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:31 am, May 24, 2012
Singapore
Level Contributor
455 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

You can go to the Phuket Shooting Range. I am sure your son will love it.

Besides live firing with all type of guns, they also have go-karting, paintball shooting wargames, ATVs, and outdoor shooting too. The activities are all within the same compound so it is very convenient as everything can be done at the same location.Must try the ATVs (All Terrain Vehicles ride). Its great fun. 890 bahts for half hour ride. Very safe.

The Phuket Shooting Range is at Patak Road, exactly 850m if you are coming from the direction of the Chalong circle (on the left side side of the road just after the Shell petrol station.) There is a big sign board with its name on it, just at the entrance to the compound from the roadside. Your driver should know the place by its name.

If you are driving and would like to know the exact location, message me and I will pinpoint the location on a google map for you. Its very easy to find.

Have fun ! :D

( Ooopsss...just saw the above posting made by lucamalee. We are talking abt the same place. Anyway the exact name for it is Phuket Shooting Range )

Edited: 4:43 am, April 04, 2012
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

Great, thanks everyone for your help, sure I will be able to find them now.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

Your 15 year old can shoot at Patong Shooting Range or Kata Shooting Range. If you go to Kata (which is the better facility) DO NOT PAY with CREDIT CARD. We went there twice and on both occassions they tried our Visa 3 times and then we were told that the machine wasn't working and we ended up paying cash. Came home to find 6 x charges (three from each visit) on our card. $500 plus. They didn't give us a receipt for the cash payments and so we are having trouble with our dispute process with our bank. Pay cash and GET A RECEIPT.

9. Re: Shooting range and go-karting in Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 19, 2013