We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

centara grand beach karon - Baht exchange rate

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
centara grand beach karon - Baht exchange rate

My husband and i have booked the Centara Grand Beach in Karon from 4th November, so we are certainly hoping progress is made before then. It's our first time to Thailand, i saw in older posts it is better to buy Baht at the airport once in Thailand. Can anybody tell me please what the exchange rate is to buy with UK Pounds?

Thanx

Mentioned in this post
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Centara Grand Beach...
3,029 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: centara grand beach karon - Baht exchange rate

The average today is just over 46฿ depending on which bank's service you use. You check for yourself using this site;

…daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: centara grand beach karon - Baht exchange rate

From the road, Centara Grand looks pretty spectacular, and I would guess bigger than Le Meridian. They could have chosen a better paint colour IMO.

You will need transport to go anywhere, its tucked up at the far north of Karon Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Centara Grand Beach...
3,029 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Karon Beach
Karon Beach
5,693 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: centara grand beach karon - Baht exchange rate

Thank you, will check out your link

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: centara grand beach karon - Baht exchange rate

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that if all the building work is finished we would be able to walk to some life somewhere! So you don't think that is possible? Also, does it look more like it is nearly ready for opening now, bearing in mind there is just one week till if officially does?

5. Re: centara grand beach karon - Baht exchange rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, April 23, 2011