We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay - Hilton Phuket Arcadia OR Holiday Inn Resort?

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay - Hilton Phuket Arcadia OR Holiday Inn Resort?

Hi,

My husband and I will be going to Phuket for the first time for 5 nights at the end of November/early December and are trying to decide between the Hilton Phuket Arcadia and the Holiday Inn Resort. Which would you recommend for 1st time visitors in terms of location, convenience , etc. if the price/night is about the same for either? I've read great reviews about both resorts but am torn between staying in Karon vs. Patong. Some of the activities we're interested in are day trips to Ko Phi Phi, a 1/2 or full day trip to Phang Nga & James Bond Island, and watch a muay thai boxing match. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cathy

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay - Hilton Phuket Arcadia OR Holiday Inn Resort?

Cathy

I have to say that out of the 2 areas I much prefer Karon. But then I have to admit that I am biased. Karon is only a short tuk tuk drive from the more hectic Patong.

However if you want all the action within walking distance then Patong would be the better area for you.

Out of the 2 hotels I also prefer The Hilton as the grounds are enormous and their facilities are great.

Chantal.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay - Hilton Phuket Arcadia OR Holiday Inn Resort?

Hi Cathy

I came back yesterday after staying at Marina in Karon/Kata. I agree with kata_noi, it was far far nicer than Patong. I had forgotten how terrible Patong actually was. We took some friends who were there for there first trip and they only lasted an hour and chose to go back to our hotel, rather than look around!!

The worst problem was we only saw Aussies whilst in Patong. While we are aussies ourselves, we like a bit of variety of nationalities whilst overseas.

Patong was like Surfers Paradise on steroids.

Deb

13. Re: Where to stay - Hilton Phuket Arcadia OR Holiday Inn Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Karon