We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

Qld Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

All - yippee we fly out this Friday, can't wait. Would you be able to tell me if what we are planning on doing is feasible in one day and if there is not enough on there to fill a day any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Day Trip (1) - not in any particular order

Small View Point Restaurant

Heroines Monument

Sea Gypsy Village

Gibbon Rehab (????)

Bang Pae & Ton-Sai waterfall

Rawai

Freedom Beach

Laem (cape) Phromthep

Big Buddha

Wat Chalang

Old Phuket Town (Trip 2)

- Temples and Shrines

- View Point

- Shopping

o Pearl Farm

o Cashew Nut Factory

o Jewellery

Tried to put this in the Phuket Forum but that options missing - am I doing something wrong??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

Hey Chilipatch...

how many days are you in Phuket?

my personal opinion would be to maybe split it into 2 days..

the best advantage to hiring a driver and car is to be able to take things at your pace and not be rushed.. you will find yourself sometimes just wanting to stop and take things in rather than rushing off to the next place so you can see everything...

I would aim a day north and one south ..

stopping at the different beaches... checking out the shops.. sitting on the beachs and having a cold drink ..

Cheers

Chelle

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

Yes I agree with Chelle - too much for 1 day - split them into a north & south day otherwise you'll be too rushed and hot & bothered.

You could even do a 1/2 day at Phuket looking around the old town with lunch at Tunka cafe (Rang Hill) before or dinner after.

PS Cashew nut factory is just a retail outlet - someone will grab you and walk around filling up your basket with goodies. Only if you love everything cashew (I do!) or dried fruit, but its on the way to Wat Chalong so you dont have to go out of your way.

Qld Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

Thank you both. Think we will take your advise and do a south tour and then a north tour and then a day in Old Phuket Town.

We are over there for 11 nights so should be able to fit in (around all the other things we want to do) without a prob.

The night markets in Old Phuket = do you know where they are and are they worth whiled? Also a starting time for the markets please.

Thanks again

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

:)

I am not sure exactly where the night markets are in Phuket town ,, tho i do know they are only on on the weekends and someone plese correct me if i am wrong but they dont start till late afternoon?

11 nights should give you plenty of time to do the different tours.. it will make them relaxing days.. take a towel .. we found ourselves stopping for a dip and taking a beach break ...

hope this helps...

Chelle

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
746 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

Hi Chilliepatch I'd love you to let us know how u go as there's a lot we want to see on your list as well when we go in January! We will only have 8 days though so may need to refine our list a little....to fit in lots of other fun stuff and a little relax if that's possible??

Are you hiring a driver and doing it this way?

Enjoy your trip. I am so excited about ours & we have to wait until January :(

Cheers

Qld Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

luv2 - no probs with forwarding our learning experiences... This will be our second trip and I feel there is so much to see that we didn't last year - and I 'know there's more... Info from TA has been a great help and we'll definitely do a JBR. Can't wait to rave about another good holiday in Phuket... will miss my puppy dog but am slowly getting over that:)

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

Chilli - I was hoping someone with more knowledge would answer your market answer! We had planned to go but ran out of time.

I guess here is what most people talk about:

www.cathyandgarystravelpages.com/markets.htm

Apparently they get started about 5-6pm and go to midnight. cheers

Qld Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

Deuxfils

Thanks - we are catching up with a Thai friend (who we met last year) no doubt she'll be able to tell me where the markets are. Am hoping she'll come along to increase my battering ability :)

Wow, count downs on. Just about to contact Capt Mark and book us in the Hongs trip - can't wait, it sounds amazing. Did Phi Phi last year but was packed onto a boat with 40+ others (we didn't know any better then).

Take care all and we'll catch up via TA on our return.

9. Re: Planning day tour by car - is this OK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, April 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Karon
Recent Conversations