We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Movenpick Resort - Plunge Pool Room

Sydney
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Movenpick Resort - Plunge Pool Room

Hi All,

I am visiting the Movenpick over Chistmas and was wondering if anyone has stayed in the deluxe plunge pool room??

The hotel assure me it is not in the main building and near the main pool.

Can anyone please give me some info on where abouts in the resort they are located?? And if they are nice?? they also tell me it is only in a 2 storey hut type building, and there bare only 8 of them ???

Also the Newyears Eve Gala?? Anyone attended??

Is it really mandatory like some websites state??

If so what is inncluded and is it worth the 6800bht / person ++ taxes...

Please help !!!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Movenpick Resort - Plunge Pool Room

Hi Saloni

The room we stayed in was 0229. I don't think it would make a lot of difference which room you stayed in,the villas were built around the garden/lagoon area with the plunge pools all facing the lagoon. While it was possible to(just)see the ocean from our pool,it is not what I would call sea view, if that was what you wanted.

Andy

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Movenpick Resort - Plunge Pool Room

Hi guys - I'm going to Phuket in March and asked the hotel the same question about the Villas and the "rooms" - which are not listed on their website, I got thee following response, hope this helps you too.

Thank you for your e-mail and regarding to the room types, Plunge Pool Villa and Deluxe Plunge Pool Room are totally different, but we have not advertising and description in hotel website as our Deluxe Plunge Pool Room is a new room type and have limited number of only 8 rooms in the hotel.

Deluxe Plunge Pool Room:

The Deluxe Plunge Pool Room offers a spacious deluxe room of 36 m2 with garden views as well as a private plunge pool and enclosed garden totaling 60 m2. The room features a king-size bed and is perfect for couples.

Plunge Pool Villa:

The Plunge Pool Villa offers a private plunge pool on its terrace as well as over 68 m2 of space. The villas feature a large bedroom with king-size bed and spacious bathroom with separate bath and shower cubicle. Sliding doors allow the entire bedroom to open up onto the private terrace. An indoor/outdoor daybed allows you to relax on the terrace by the plunge pool. The Plunge Pool Villa presents a wonderful blend of nature and comfort in beautiful garden surroundings.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
257 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Movenpick Resort - Plunge Pool Room

Hi

I am going also in December to Phuket and we are going to stay at Movenpick resort for 11 nights, I booked the Deluxe Garden Villa I paid $ 3480 BB for 2/persons.

I don't have any idea if that villa worth the money $$$ or not and the location...?

If someone could help me to give me any advice... I chose a good one or I need to change it and to think for another thing, because I found all of you guys talking about only deluxe plunge pool room...

Any one would like to share his/her opinion or advice.

I would appreciate that.

Thanks

Tony

Sydney
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Movenpick Resort - Plunge Pool Room

Tony,

um as far as im aware all the rooms are nice...

i only asked the question about the deluxe plunge room beacuse we are booked in that room, and we did not want to be in the main building... the only reason for that is, we did not want to lug back and forth from the pool, up & down stairs.. its more convenient to be outside...

The hotel do not advertise the deluxe plunge pool room as they only have 8, but its on request for the same prive as the garden view rooms...

We originally booked garden view room with request to deluxe plunge pool room, and they gave it lto us...

its worth a try....

KC

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
257 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Movenpick Resort - Plunge Pool Room

Hi

I will hekc again with the hotel and I will ask them how much they will offer me for 11 nights for plunge pool villa as I mentioned before I paid 3480 $ BB for deluxe garden villa and I will check if the price will be to much or worth a try.

If someone stayed at Movenpick and he have any idea is the deluxe garden villa worth the $$$ please let me know, otherwise I will try to change to plunge pool villa.

Thanks

Tony

16. Re: Movenpick Resort - Plunge Pool Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:32 am, March 28, 2010