We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nai Yang 'nightlife'

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Topic
Nai Yang 'nightlife'

Hi

We are due to go to IP for our Honeymoon in December. We have chosen this as it is not in a built up area. However, we do enjoy a drink into the night but we see that IP bars shut at midnight. Do the local beach restaurants open later or will we need to get a taxi into Patong or similar?

Thanks

gold coast
Level Contributor
283 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nai Yang 'nightlife'

We are at Nai Yang Beach now staying at the Dewa Phuket. Can't help you about how late the bars/restaurants open here but it is quite basic. Nothing much here a few bars and restaurants if you are after the nightlife you probably have to go into Patong. Nai Yang Beach is a good 40 minutes from Patong and though we haven't caught a taxi to Patong it is around 1300 baht return to Phuket night markets. Our resort has a free bus into Patong so I would IP would have one too.

Victoria
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nai Yang 'nightlife'

Yeah, not much going on in Nai Yang after about midnight, if that late even. We only used the IP bus to go to Phuket town and it wasn't free - 600 baht one way. Don't know about Patong as we didn't go there.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nai Yang 'nightlife'

My favorite Nai Yang nightlife is a) watching the local kids play soccer on the beach, b) watching the dogs getting into a scrap over their territory, and c) watching the planes climb into the sunset sky. It's magic!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nai Yang 'nightlife'

IP is an amazing resort and the night life in Nai Yang is pretty good

i would say if your looking to party hard til the early hours of the morning you have chosen the wrong area...

ENjoy IP and the area is is lovely!

Sweden
Level Contributor
12 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nai Yang 'nightlife'

We will be returning to IP for our 3rd visit on 18nov, The resort area is very Quiet, but thats its charm. I think many resorts on Phuket were like Nai yang 10-15 years ago. To be honest you , you'll be knocked out by the heat , so heat and honeymoon make for early nights !!!. Just enjoy .

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nai Yang 'nightlife'

The best thing about Nai Yang is its proximity to the Phuket airport. If it is not because i need to catch an early flight, i would choose to stay somewhere else.

Genk
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nai Yang 'nightlife'

Nai Yang is a place, a beach to relax, not to go out altrough there are a couple of bars were you can have a nice drink in the evening. It is just what you are looking for.. Wanna party all night long, go to patong, but if you ask me, i enjoyed this place more than crazy patong where you have no time to relax at all.. Nai Yang beach itself is a nice, clear and clean beach, and indigo Pearl is still one of the best on the island!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,389 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nai Yang 'nightlife'

I like the relaxed atmosphere, the sand on your toes, and general casual feel.

Very different from Patong, like them both, but both worth doing!

9. Re: Nai Yang 'nightlife'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nai Yang