We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q's re. things to do around Nai Yang

Victoria
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Q's re. things to do around Nai Yang

Hi everyone. My wife will be at the Indigo Pearl for 8 nights next month. While we intend to do a fair bit of lounging around we'd like to do a few excursions. In particular, my wife wants to do an elephant safari (of course), I'd like to go to somewhere with some decent snorkeling, we'd like to go to Patong to the markets for a day and I'd also like to take in the night time "sights" of Patong too. ;-)

Any suggestions which elephant safari, or other animal related activities - I only want to deal with outfits that respect the animals. Seedy and sick looking tigers on chains etc are not my thing and I choose not to support such operations.

As I understand it, the Pearl has a courtesy bus to / from Patong during the day. But what about at night?

There is also the national park nearby - can one visit that, and if so what is there to see?

Anything else around Nai Yang apart from the oft mentioned eateries - decent little bars, etc?

Cheers.

Edited: 1:45 am, August 03, 2012
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Q's re. things to do around Nai Yang

We stayed at Nai Yang Beach Resort, which is just along from Indigo Pearl. We too loved Nai Yang. There are places across from the hotel near the beach that our can book day trips but we would also recommend Phuket Sail Tours. Lots of lovely bars and restaurants on the main strip running along the beach. You'll love it, I'm sure :)

Monkey6870

Victoria
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Q's re. things to do around Nai Yang

Thanks, much appreciated.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Q's re. things to do around Nai Yang

Hi

i am heading out to indigo pearl at the begining of Dec for a week with a friend and like you I am keen to experience and support local animal and conservation activities so it would be great if you could post any info or recommendations on the forum when you get back. I also heard that the sea kayaking trips where they take you into caves are not to be missed - there are a number of operators who are based in phuket town - the following outfit gets good reviews phuket sails http://www.phuketsailtours.com/

I hope you have a fabulous time and look forward to hearing about your trip.

regards

Elsbeth

Victoria
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Q's re. things to do around Nai Yang

Thanks, that sounds good. I'll let you know how we get on.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Q's re. things to do around Nai Yang

Hi I hope you enjoyed your holiday - I am really looking forward to meeting up with my friend from NZ at IP in Dec - just wondered if there were any trips or activities you would recommend and if you managed to do the elephant safari or managed to find any other local conservation places to visit?

any tips or suggestions welcome

Elsbeth

PS thanks for the restaurant tips - really helpful

gold coast
Level Contributor
283 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Q's re. things to do around Nai Yang

We are in Nai Yang beach at the moment,have had a great day with Phuket Sail Tours doing the Phang Nga Bay by speedboat, on Tuesday we are doing the Phi Phi Island trip with them. They are great they cost a little more but I think they are worth it. As stated from other posts you can only book through their website and you do need to book before you go as they take smaller numbers and book up quickly.

Also try to book early into your trip so if they have cancel cause of weather you got time to reschedule.

Victoria
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Q's re. things to do around Nai Yang

Hi everyone. Well we had a great time at the Pearl and we did a few trips. We did Phi Phi island by speedboat with Phuket Adventures and it was a great day out. A really good outfit IMO. Just be sure to check the weather forecasts before you book - we had a perfect day but the following day was rather bad.

We also did the Siam Safari half day safari, which involved a 30 minute elephant ride and a cultural tour and then lunch or dinner depending if you do the day or afternoon tour. I recommend this also.

We attended Phuket Fantasea and we had a great time.

We spent a few hours shopping at Central Festival plaza in Phuket town and it was just like a regular western style mall. Worth a look maybe but there were no real bargains to be had.

We had planned to go further afield and have a look in Patong but the atmosphere was nice around Nai Yang and we were just happy to laze around and eat at the local restaurants when we had nothing else on.

18. Re: Q's re. things to do around Nai Yang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, December 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nai Yang