We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Just spent 8 days at the Indigo Pearl in Nai Yang Beach Phuket and had some diverse cullinary experiences.

By far the best of them was at the beach front seafood restaurant Phen's. Having tried 5 of the beach front restaurants this one was clearly the best for service and quality, the lobster, prawn and crab were amazingly fresh and incredibly priced. Definitely the place to eat in Nai Yang.

On the other hand the highly touted Black Ginger restaurant within the Indigo Pearl was a tad disappointing. 5 times the cost of the beach front restaurants I expected it to be top quality, however the experience was poor all round. There staff were very polite but had very poor English which resulted in them messing up our order....twice ( for a resort predominantly frequented by non-thai speakers i was quite surprised at this ). Additionally they didnt have several of the more tantilising items on the menu ( lobster, red snapper ), which is incredible given that all the beach front restaurants and the other restaurants within Indigo Pearl had tanks full of them.

All in all a great trip but Phen's was definitely a highlight.

Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

OK controversy from me. We are here at present staying at Dewa ate at Phens first night and neither of us cold eat the food we asked for mild to be sure we could cope with the spicy but no way . Have eaten at BaRa Tree next 2 nights eating Thai and western it's excellent and packed every night the staff literally run. Do have a comment if I may, why do people feel the need to smoke at the tables between courses smoking the rest of us out. Diners were table hoping to get away from drifts.People pls think about the fact you are on the beach with the breeze blowing and everyone behind you cops it . Last night even a small cigar was lit up. Come on guys some common decency surely is not too much to ask. And yes I was a smoker many yrs ago but would never subject others.

London, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Phen's was the ONLY restaurant we used when we didnt leave our hotel for a night out staying at the indigo pearl Phen's was brilliant in Value, Service and Quality! we enjoyed everything from the menu, there Vegitarian was also VERY good and Highly recommend it! it was brilliant!!! one night we ate at the Octopus, which was a 3 min walk away from Phen which was also go and actually did Tofu! for you Veggie lovers!

Phuket overall, simply BRILLIANT!

Level Contributor
214 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Currently here at the Indigo Pearl and happily eating our way through all the restaurants along the beach (I had no idea there are SO many!). Have to say that Phens left a bit to be desired - it was good, but IMO Baan Ra Tree and Linda's were much better. And for those who like a hot & spicy curry - just ask and you won't be disappointed!

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Loved Linda's

So fresh and tasty and cheap.

Think I will go back there tonight!!

Clermont, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

I found that different resturants made some dishes better than others. My favourite is sweet and sour which was not good at phens. Batik seafood we found had the best food (of the majority of different dishes we had) but their cocktails tasted like rocket fuel!

Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

If anyone is interested I've put reviews up for batik, Mamamias and Baan Ra Tree. We just got back from Indigo Pearl yesterday.

Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

Hi we stayed at indigo pearl last october. There was a new restaurant about to open just as we left. We spoke to the owner..Aussie with Thai wife, and his place that he was opening had the only beach toilets. Did you eat there? and if so can you let me know of the name of this place. It was located to the end of the beach on the left side as you face the beach from Phen's

28. Re: Nai Yang Beach Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nai Yang
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor