We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sangla or kalpa

Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sangla or kalpa

Hi guys, I am planning a trip to Himachal starting this weekend. Due to shortage of time i cannot visit both kalpa and sangla. So please suggest which place s better in terms of scenic beauty, roads and weather.

Thanks

Ricky

Manali, India
Level Contributor
557 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sangla or kalpa

Sangla is better option. But don't miss Chhitkul which is about 27 km from Sangla.

Thanks and regards,

Manali Bookings.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
14 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sangla or kalpa

Though it is dated response to the original question - still thought worth mentioning for other travellers -

I did visit Himachal last May and covered the following - Started from Delhi on a Force traveller (we were group of 12) and covered Delhi > Shimla > Kufri > Sarahan > Sangla (+Chitkool) > Kalpa > Shimla > Delhi.

I liked Sangla more than Kalpa. View of peak from Kalpa is more closer but in Sangla you can feel the natue - you are in a valley on a river basin and snowpeak mountains surrounding you - it was awsome. We stayed in Igloo Nature Camp and it was great.

Only thing within 2 wks of our visit there was that great landslide caused by cloudburst in June and not sure about the road condition now. That time road was OK (last leg from Karcham to both Sangla and Kalpa were bad due to frequent landslides - from Shimla both Sangla and Kalpa will take about 10 hrs.

If you are going to Kalpa stay in HPTDC "The Kinner Kailash" mountain facing rooms - you will see Kailash from your bed.

Both Sangla and Kalpa are great and if one needs to be selected my vote goes to Sangla.

Manali, India
Level Contributor
557 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sangla or kalpa

I agree with you.

Thanks and regards,

Manali Bookings.

India
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sangla or kalpa

Sangla is better option if you dont miss Chitkul. You can get beautiful Baspa river.

Jaipur, Rajasthan...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sangla or kalpa

sangla valley -(raksham village and chitkul) amazing places -------preferred to kalpa

kalpa needs one extraday.

plus you need to have a good experienced driver + guide + good car.

u can try this person for tour--anil sharma 9418846471--drives xylo.

Edited: 2:54 pm, November 18, 2013
6. Re: Sangla or kalpa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, May 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sangla