We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parasailing kata beach

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Parasailing kata beach

where can I find safe and reliable parsailing at kata beach? How much will it cost?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parasailing kata beach

Unless parasailing has been recently introduced to Kata...I've never seen parasailing at Kata...??...

I've seen parasailing on Patong and from memory,I timed the ride at 3-3 1/2 minutes for 1000-1200 baht...Uncheap in my books....

And as for safety....??...I always wondered what would happen if there was a sudden gust of wind...blowing the rider into people or a structure or a tree...!!...??....

Partake at your own risk....I would doubt if insurance covers a parasailing accident....!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parasailing kata beach

They do parasailing on Karon beach (next beach over from Kata) We allowed our 12 yr old daughter to go parasailing on Karon beach in September last year for her birthday. I can tell you now, if I had any doubts regarding her safety, we wouldn't of let her do it. After watching them take a few people up we could see they new what they were doing. She was relaxed enough to take photos whilst parasailing (approx.5 minutes) and then 4 men surrounded her and 'caught' her as they landed, then gently lowered her to the ground. She can't wait to do it again! We took a video of it and was one of the most memorable things we did in Thailand. Have a go - I am sure you won't regret it!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parasailing kata beach

Sorry, forgot to mention cost was about 1700 baht.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,523 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parasailing kata beach

"Unless parasailing has been recently introduced to Kata...I've never seen parasailing at Kata...??..."

Depends on what you call 'recently', I would say it was introduced in Kata about 10 years ago or so.

Sorry, no idea about prices.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parasailing kata beach

AFAIK the parasailers have been offering these trips off Kata beach for more than 20 years. They operate from the middle to north end of the beach.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,205 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parasailing kata beach

You will have to forgive my surfin' dude friend from Down Under, he probably thought it was surfing! ;-)

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parasailing kata beach

Haha Arandora....I know our friend hangs out at the southern end of Kata Beach with the surfers when he is here.

Having said that the parasailers do not operate during the low season months when the conditions are too rough and the surf is up. This is when the surfers are out enjoying the waves. :-)

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parasailing kata beach

Just arrived Kata beach area last night. Saw parasailing from the beach all day today. Looks like fun.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parasailing kata beach

Hahaha !!..Alan...That's why you're my friend...You make me laugh...!!...And Monica....that's why I haven't seen any parasailing at Kata...Low season is wave riding season....

Tho',having said that the guys at Patong still parasail during low season...??...And can get quite dangerous trying to avoid them when trying to surf at Patong....Guess that's why I prefer Khao Lak....

Next thing you'll be telling me that Phuket got electricity 34 years ago...!!...Diddit...??...

10. Re: Parasailing kata beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach