We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is it to Phuket zoo?

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
How far is it to Phuket zoo?

Hi,

We're staying in Kata Beach and I know that the zoo is further away but is it possible to do a day trip from Kata Beach? How far is it and how would we do it - private taxi?

Thanks, Caroline

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,923 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is it to Phuket zoo?

Please don't go!

Unless you don't give a fig about animal welfare.

It is not a good experience.

It is a short taxi, but is it worth seeing the sad animals.

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is it to Phuket zoo?

Oh blimey, I didnt' realise that was what it was like - i just thought it would be nice for our son who is only 2 to see some animals. Is there anywhere recommended?!

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is it to Phuket zoo?

Tiger Kingdom. We have been to the one in Chaing Mai and so looking forward to visiting Tiger Kingdom Phuket.

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is it to Phuket zoo?

Thanks will look it up:)

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is it to Phuket zoo?

Hi Caroline. Yep, have a look at the reviews of the Phuket Zoo before you go. Look at 'things to do' and then 'activities'. Scroll well down.

As for Tiger Kingdom, up to you. doesn't appeal to me at all. I can't see that laying on a 'magnificent animal' is the experience of a lifetime.

Try the Aquarium at Markham Bay, and check out the turtles out the back.

Drop in at Siam Safari to see some elephants that are well cared for, even if you choose not to ride one.

Consider the Gibbon Sanctuary. This is bit out of the way, and the little guy may not appreciate it fully, but worth thinking about. There is a nice waterfall to cool off in nearby.

Please don't get your photo taken with any animals in the street. Usually the animals are taken from the wild and are very cruelly treated. Often endangered species as well. Examples are baby gibbons and slow lorises.

Have a great holiday,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

6. Re: How far is it to Phuket zoo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 21, 2015