We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

7 posts
Save Topic
Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

Hey everybody... How has/is the weather Day by Day in Kata Right now...? Have bin in Phuket 10 times, so ofcourse i know how the weather Can be... But this year It seems Like a LOT og Raining and very very Cloudy during the Day.. Can anyone confirm this...? Our arrival Will be 10.october, staying at Kata Beach for 20 days...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

You can have a look for your self on the Marina Phuket web cam.

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

I know the webcam, but i can't check it out 24/7..! So if someone could tell for real how they experience the weather Down there currently, it would be an relief to know about it... ;) Thank's in advance... :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

Actually the beaches take it in turns rains at Kata one day then its Karon's turn then Patong etc No one can tell you it may be fine right up until the 10th October then rain for 3 weeks just enjoy your holiday

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

Impossible to say what the weather will be like and being a tropical country Thailand is always very changeable, you'lll only really know when you're there, we will be there on Saturday and I haven't checked the weather as I know it'll say cloudy/sunny with thunderstorms.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,932 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

Well we are in Patong, so I would expect the rain to be in Karon during our stay?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

In between rain showers we are currently having hot humid weather.

Come and enjoy yourself :-)

7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

Ha ha' I Will Enjoy in 9 days... :p Trust me, i know how the weather can be unpridictable. just read some news about floods in South Thailand. And ofcourse I was just curious/worried about the "situation" down there, because of our arrival at the 10.oct... But it seems like, we dont need to worry anyways... Can't wait to be there again... ;p

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,677 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

It has been wet the last days, but the floodings I have seen on TV have all been in Northern Thailand.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

No worries we are arriving on the 5th then off to Khao Lak then back to Patong on the 11th and dont care really if its raining it will just be good to get back second time this year only 4 sleeps to go :)

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kata weather oct. 2013 lot of rain this year...???!!

Well Wrs4400, I do not trust your comments lol & I am not being nasty, there has been absolutely no flooding whatsoever here in Phuket (Southern Thailand), it is like Steven said Nth Thailand which is many hundreds of kilometers from Phuket :)

Cathy

Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach