We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avista Phuket Resort & Spa

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
82 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Avista Phuket Resort & Spa

Hi,

Travelling to Thailand with my wife and 18 month old son for three weeks in November this year, and Phuket is definitely a place we will be staying. I've narrowed it down to Kata as there seems to be a bit going on at night, without being as lively as Patong. However, not far from Patong (and Karon!).

Has anyone stayed here? Is it suitable for a young family? All reviews seem positive for families.

I personally would prefer a beach resort (actually on the beach), however my wife would prefer to stay in a Tsunami safe hotel. Understandably.

This seems to be a Tsunami safe hotel. I know it's very unlikely but safety is paramount since we'll be travelling with our son.

Before I book, can anyone confirm what is close by;

Restaurants

Attractions

Shops / markets / bazaars

Anything else worth mentioning?

The plan is to visit both Karon and Patong while we're in Phuket, however, based on reviews I think Kata would be a good place to stay.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Avista Phuket Resort & Spa

Understood. Happy wife, happy life ;)

gold coast...
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Avista Phuket Resort & Spa

Absolute perfect choice.....you will not be dissapointed...Have stayed there 3 times and loved it every time.....with children too....great for everything and so many little inclusions that make it worthwhile...

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
989 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Avista Phuket Resort & Spa

The food is great here probably the best hotel food we have had yet. The prices are pretty reasonable as well for hotel food and only slightly higher than places in town. For example a Pizza 360 THB, Phad 250 THB, Spring rolls 180 THB, Dessert 180. The restuant is open from 0630-2300, and room service is offered during the same hours.

There's 3 pools the kiddy pool which is at the bottom of the infinity pool and it has fountains which the kids seem to love. A small shallow pool off to the side, and the infinity pool up top with a swim up bar. E pools are open until 9pm.

There's also a games room and a library which are pretty popular with families.

Everything you need or want to do is close to the hotel. There's great restaurants, bars, and shops in close walking distance as well as the beach. There are shuttles (free) several times a day to Kata Beach and Patong, they book up quickly so book early. Patong is only like 15 minutes away and a taxi is only 400 THB, and they are right outside of the hotel so you don't have to worry about that.

The spa is expensive 4200 THB for some treatments, but there are other spas to go to so not a big deal.

The airport transfer offered by the hotel is expensive (1500 thb each way), we booked with Phuket shuttles and they have been awesome so far. They us with a sign outside the airport with our name on it which was nice. They also stopped at 7-11 outside of Kata so we could stock up, I highly recommend this as the places in Kata are pricey.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
989 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Avista Phuket Resort & Spa

Oh and yes it's very clean! The housekeeper also cleans the tracks on our sliding glass door! We checked out early from the Foto hotel (after 4 hours) and it was the dirtiest room ever so this one is like night and day!

They also have a close line in the bathroom to hang up your bathing suits. I would recommend bringing some close pins so you can hang things off your deck to dry.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Avista Phuket Resort & Spa

Hi Meeko,

Am planning to book myslef and family (wife and 3 yr old) into the Avista for 4 days in Oct. Do let me know if it is a good bet or if you have noticed any other nice place in the vicinity. Our budget is 125USD/night..

Thanks a bunch

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
989 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Avista Phuket Resort & Spa

I absolutely love the Avista but second choice would be Kata Palm (especially if there's any issue with mobility). Both resorts are in great areas offering shuttles to and from the beach. So far I think I would have to come back to the Avista, so if you can get a decent price go for. We also stay in a centara resort in Chiang Mai and loved it and were treated like royalty. There is a fabulous one in Karon I think it's the Centara grand or something like that.

But you really can't go wrong with the Avista!

17. Re: Avista Phuket Resort & Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach