We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
203 posts
49 reviews
Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

Hi TA,

I will be staying at Foto Hoel, Kata for 5 nights in August. I did not book the breakfast as I felt that the hotel charges quite alot for a breakfast set. Moreover we will be there for 5 nights and I do not want to be eating similar food for all 5 days. I read at the hotel reviews that there are restaurants located up the hill not far from the hotel. Can anybody confirm this? Is it a long walk to these restaurants? And also are wild dogs a frequent sight along this road? Although I had stayed at Kata before, this is the first time I had choosen a hotel up the hills. Thank you!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

Less than 5 minutes walk to those restaurants. They are very scenic and will be open for lunch, not for breakfast. For breakfast you'll have to go down the hill.

Sometimes there are 1 or 2 dogs there on the road, but never in packs and never aggressive.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
203 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

Thank you Steven! That is reassuring. Are the restaurants open for dinner as well? Are they on the way down or up hill? Thanks in advance.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

Yes, open for dinner as well. Up the hill, about 50 meters on right hand side 2 shacks, also selling some food, 100 meters further 3 real restaurants.

Yeppoon, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

I would recommend that you try The Kitchen Kata, it is rated #1 on trip advisor and is open for breakfast 8am until late. They will also pick you up from your hotel and take you back after your meal.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
203 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

Hi Bobbyboy, thank you. A free pick up for breakfast sounds good :) will give it a try too.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

This hotel is really neat. I'm confused is it really high up on a hill from some reviews it sounds like a mountain lol. So if you go down the hill to the beach which some say its 5 minutes away or ther say its 25 minutes away will there also be a decent selection of restaurants too? Just curious how much it costs for a taxi from the main areas of Kata to this hotel?

One more question does anyone know which rooms have the outdoor tub on the balcony?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

5-10 minutes to Kata Beach area, both for beach and shops.

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
166 reviews
8. Re: Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

The restaurants up the hill are open for breakfast as unused them in April when we got bored of our hotel breakfast - although it is from 9am not earlier. Set breakfasts were cheap and fresh.

Lots of views of Kara Noi from Foto Hotel.

Lou

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
203 posts
49 reviews
9. Re: Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

Really excited to know there are quite a few food options available. I will be there this weekend and will post updates of food available in the hotel's vicinity :)

Thanks everyone for your help!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,799 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: Food options around Foto Hotel, Kata

If you walk down the hill and go to the southern end of Kata Beach, you will find the Kata Mamma and Kata Seafood restaurants located directly on the beach. They serve inexpensive Asian as well as Western style breakfasts.