We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Kata Beach during September

Gauteng SA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in Kata Beach during September

Hi, we've planned trip to Kata beach from 20th September till 26th September 2013. My husband, myself and our 7 year old son. I know the weather is unpredictable but I'm concerned about the rain during that time. Is it really as bad as some people say it is. Does it rain heavily and continuosly whole day for days. Has anyone been during this time. What was it like.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Kata Beach during September

Hi Jeraldene. We have been there twice during September (both late Sept)..As you say, yes, the weather is unpredictable at this time of year. The first time we went, it only rained at night, so that was ok. We also went last year (with our 3 kids-aged 13,10 and 8) and it rained quite a bit (and yes, it did pour for a couple of days) but it really didn't stop us from doing anything, but thank goodness we hadn't booked a trip out to Phi Phi! The locals were telling us if we waited another week or so, it would have been a lot better, so this year we're planning for mid-Oct.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Kata Beach during September

Hi Jeraldene. We have been there twice during September (both late Sept)..As you say, yes, the weather is unpredictable at this time of year. The first time we went, it only rained at night, so that was ok. We also went last year (with our 3 kids-aged 13,10 and 8) and it rained quite a bit (and yes, it did pour for a couple of days) but it really didn't stop us from doing anything, but thank goodness we hadn't booked a trip out to Phi Phi! The locals were telling us if we waited another week or so, it would have been a lot better, so this year we're planning for mid-Oct.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Kata Beach during September

As you've already booked there's not much you can do about it so I wouldn't worry about the weather it's a tropical country so you will get rain most days but it's usually only in the evenings, there's loads of people go in September because being low season it's cheaper.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Kata Beach during September

lol @ there's nothing you can do about it....like it's some kind of fatal mistake.

OP, any time is a good time. Low season rocks!

Cheers

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,953 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Kata Beach during September

Yes, I agree, low season is excellent.

Just take into account that September is the month where we have more rain during the day than in any other month. So chances are weather will affect your vacation more than in any other month.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
836 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Kata Beach during September

I agree with Stevenl, there are chances that you will have more rain in September then other months. Also want to mention, often when its rain its rain in late eve, nights and early mornings and you still can enjoy your daytime for beach or exploring the Islands surroundings.

Enjoy your holiday

sydney
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Kata Beach during September

Have been twice in September. Had rain on two days for about 10 minutes. You will be grateful for the cloud cover though, when the sun comes out it is scorching. Going September agin his year. Love it!!!!!!

Gauteng SA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Kata Beach during September

Hi, I have just come back from 2 weeks at Centara Kata. OMW, it was absolutely amazing. I was stressing out cos of the weather as it is their monsson season but we had absolutely no rain at all. It was the best weather for those 2 weeks. Hot and lovely. Absolutely loved Kata beach, the people are just so humble and friendly. I will definitely be going back to Kata soon and definitely recomend Centara Kata and booking your holiday during this time. It was just awesome.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Kata Beach during September

Excellent Jeraldene, glad you enjoyed your holiday here. If I were to come here for a holiday I would definitely come during the low season months when it is less crowded and the prices are generally cheaper.

10. Re: Weather in Kata Beach during September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, October 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach