We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata Beach Resort 2013

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Topic
Kata Beach Resort 2013

Hi all,

We are looking at locking in a deal with our TA for the end of April/beginning of May - 10nights at Kata Beach Resort due to the great offer for this time of year our TA can offer.

We chose this resort, due to price, right on the beach and how central it is in regards to dining etc in Kata. Decided a relaxing holiday in Kata instead of staying in patong again and after visiting Bangkok would be best.

My only concern is that a lot of negative reviews keep popping up which are making me a bit sceptical and nervous for booking. (But some good ones too) I have also seen that some reviews are mixed up on TA between Kata Beach Resort & Spa and also Kata Beach Spa Resort.

Has anyone stayed here recently that could give me some feedback prior to making the call and paying our deposit? It will be my partners birthday whilst we are there and a deluxe seaview room we thought would be great to make it perfect, and relaxing by the pool or at the pool bar looking directly at the beach, but yeh now second guessing.

She has already confirmed we are going back to mom tri's for her birthday dinner, so another positive to the resort is that it is only a short walk.

Appreciate all the info anyone can supply for us to review.

Thanks.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata Beach Resort 2013

It is a really nice resort on a fantastic beach with lots of great restaraunts within a short walk.

It is not 5 star, but a really solid 3.5.

There are two pools. They are not huge, but they are big enough in ratio to the resort size.

The rooms are oldish, but clean and quite spacious. I would defintely go the deluxe rooms as the cheapest ones face the car park whilst the second floor beach facing rooms have a spectacular view.

If you are happy to pay more, Mom Tri's Villa Royale in deluxe, but at least double the price. The other option would be the Kata Thani.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata Beach Resort 2013

I think the Kata Beach Resort is a very good choice, probably one of the best locations in Kata, and l found everything there very satisfactory, apart from the lack of room service after 11pm but that may have changed.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata Beach Resort 2013

Thanks

If we could afford mom tri's we would stay there, but with the stay/pay deal at the kata beach resort and the total package not even close to same price bracket.

And Katathani was less appealing due to the ease of walking out the front to everything for dinner and massages etc from kata beach resort.

When we last stayed at Patong Merlin a couple years back we kept reading how dated the rooms were also, but the superior pool view room we had was fine and did the job. Not like my 10days will be in the room anyways. Are the deluxe seaview rooms similar?

Appreciate all replies people give.

Thanks

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata Beach Resort 2013

Have you priced the summer promotion at mom tris? We just stayed there for 7 nights instead of 10 elsewhere. Once you add in the 2 dinners and 4 hours of massage and breakfast and airport transfers, it is not that bad. It is not as central as kata beach resort but not a bad walk down. We checked out KBR for maybe next time but the price difference isn't that great. The rooms are very small. The balcony was very wet the day we looked. Otherwise it would be in full sun. The bathroom was very dated and narrow with the toilet in the middle at the end. You would be pushing to have 2 people in it. I haven't stayed there but looked for maybe next time. It is a no for me. I really would rather have 7 nights of pure bliss than 10 nights of ordinary.

Linda

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kata Beach Resort 2013

Thanks for the reply.

We cannot afford Mom Tri's, especially with pay/stay deal offered by the TA at kata beach resort and some other properties in Phuket. We are only paying 5 and staying 10 and packaged with travel insurance and transfers etc with flights and accommodation in Bangkok for a decent price reduction in conparison which will be our spending money.

Thanks again for all feedback people can give.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kata Beach Resort 2013

We stayed in a Deluxe Sea View room, at The Kata Beach Resort, a few years ago, was just sea view, kind of on the side buildlng looking out.

It was ok, location is fantastic, with a few steps to the sand, and great restaurants, nearby, Horngrill one of our favourites.

We have also stayed at Patong Merlin at I would rate the hotels similar.

Try to get a room looking straight out to the sea!

Edited: 9:25 pm, September 24, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kata Beach Resort 2013

I didn't find the seaview rooms at KBR particularly small. But then I don't spend that much time in the room. As noted above, be sure to get a seaview otherwise you'll get a romantic view of the car park!

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kata Beach Resort 2013

I'm not sure which rooms LindaEvBuniny looked at but I can't recall them being small.

In fact, we managed to comfortably sleep 4 in a room, with one extra bed and our then 5 year old on the "day bed" near the window.

We had a full sea view room, so maybe the sizing was bigger than the standard, but people we travelled with had a standard room and their only complaint was overlooking the carpark as stated. I can remember having drinks in their room and size did not seem an issue.

The balconies face west so you can get some afternoon sun, but we spent hours on it, watching the sunset nightly and were never too bothered.

If you go expecting a solid 3 star, you will be more than satisfied and with a free nights deal, I think you are on a winner.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kata Beach Resort 2013

I think you'll enjoy the Kata Beach, the reviews aren't all negative, ignore them and I'm sure you'll enjoy the Kata.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kata Beach Resort 2013

Thanks for all your replies.