We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

Hi There,

i've been reading all the posts & you guys are just amazing.. taking time out to give others advice !

Help me pls.. i'm totally indecisive... which one is better? Kata Palm or sugar Palm or is Kee better?

My husband & i are going in december 2012 & are looking at reasonably priced accomo (4/5 star)..i've seen a few offers for around AUD115.. but dont know which one to pick..

can you lovely experienced people pls help! :)

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

If in Kata Beach I would recommend Kata Palm for sure. Kata beach is a nice and less people but still convenience for everything around you. The Kee in Patong Beach is just right in the middle of Patong centre. The hotel is new almost 2 years opened. Stylish designed. But around the hotel is all you need it may too crown if you are looking for a quiet place to stay. But if you need near to all things, yes it is.!

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

thanks Sonthaya! will keep that in mind when booking.. still looking at a few more..

what do you think of Avista Phuket Resort & Spa, Kata Beach ?

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

No! not avista.........a problem at Avista is Taxi in front of the hotel always a problem for those who stay here.

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

If you wish to pay for more The Shore at Kata Noi beach would be another option.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

Hi Giz, we stayed at Sugar Palm Grand 3 years ago in a pool access room.

The rooms are nice enough, great having direct pool access, used that plenty. Nice views, good selection for breakfast.

Only negative for us was the stairs. Often there's a golf cart available to take you up to the room, but, not always. So, bear that in mind. In the heat those stairs can be killer. I guess it depends how fit and active you are or want to be.

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

Hi we went to Phuket in may. We stayed one week in patong then one week at the kata palm. Nice hotel . Very good location. But if I was staying at only one place I would stay in patong . But if you just want a reasonable quiet holiday kata is perfect. Don't know about sugar palm but I think it is located up on the hill so not as good a location.Kata palm is minutes from good restuarants and shopping and only 10 minute walk to beach or they have a shuttle bus.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

The Sugar Palm is situated rather high on the hill, so if you are fit then it would not be a problem. The views are stunning up there though. Otherwise the Kata Palm Resort is located on lower ground only about 5 minutes walk to Kata beach.

Edited: 8:24 am, September 12, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

oh wow! thank you Sonthaya, Flying Kiwi, Sam & Ringo! i'm defn not taking the hill option, i'm so far away from 'fit', i'd probably sleep at the bottom of the hill rather than climb! :)

would you guys be able to tell me about 'Citrus Heights' in Patong? is this a good option? Sam, you are straight on - since we're only there for 3 days, i'd rather we get the best of Phuket, we can always relax the next time!

Do we need to get a car & driver as well? or will we be in the heart of it all if we stay at Citrus heights?

Thanks guys! :)

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

Citrus is away from beach and centre of Patong. It is a newly open hotel. I have know nothing about this hotel

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kata Palm Resort or Sugar Palm Grand

hmmm thanks Sonthaya.. was reading the reviews about the hotel, its pretty new, so there are a fair few complaints about the lack of things.. but it looks really good..

its a 20 min walk to the beach & the main shopping centre (read in a review)...

the rate is pretty good .. i'm leaning towards it :) anyone thinks i shouldnt?

Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach