We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of wine

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Price of wine

Hi there, I am told that wine is very expensive in Phuket. Does anyone know the appox cost of a botle of chardonnay.

Level Contributor
144 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Price of wine

Hi Mark

Yes I was surprised at what I found it was a year ago exactly & although they didn't have a huge range that the previous link takes you to they had a good range ESP from Margaret River WA where I'm from, SA & many other states but a decent range of white & red. This place is certainly not fancy & yourv'e probably walked past it without a 2nd glance. Wine sits on crates a run down fridge but very friendly family we bought a couple of favorites Aud price & cartons of smirnoff real cheap for 2 teenage boys (18 & 20).

Will be there in 20 days & definately be making a visit there again.

I would guess about 30 diff varieties.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
29 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Price of wine

Thanks Shazgra for that info..definately have to check that. Its in Kata is it? a few directions? We are flying 5th Sept for 9 nites, so wont even be able to thank you personally, sorry...Regards, Spoon.

Level Contributor
144 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Price of wine

Sorry for late reply my TA account got lost & i was given someone else's for a while.. All sorted now.

Head towards the road 200 Pee road directly behind the holiday inn hotel. It's on the left hand side remember small deli type shop sorry cant think of the name but if 200 Pee road runs into ratuthit rd yourve gone too far.

Cheers

Shaz

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,551 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Price of wine

Bear in mind that address is in Patong not Kata.

Level Contributor
144 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Price of wine

Yes that is correct Patong not Kata.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
29 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Price of wine

Anyway, I have been here for a week now. Maybe got it sussed now. Put two wine casks in our bags. Refrigerate. Keep ure water bottles they give u at the hotel. Fill them up as ure heading out to ure favourite restaurant. Take ure wine cooler OS with you & a wine bottle cooler. We have been 2 a few places, where after a bit of confusion, they will bring out a couple of wine glasses.. Basically u r in biz..The first time we went to Two Chefs it was all good..Next time they asked if ok 400baht corkage. We politely protested. They buckled. Had a sensational meal..

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
29 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Price of wine

Sorry, me again...priced some wines in the stores...there is a reasonable variety available for quaffing but eg Jacobs Creek 2011 Chard was about 650bt but

In a restaurant here about 1450bt.. Cheap Carafs are about 550bt..hope that helps!! I'd bring some, & buy some here. I tried a Chile Cab sav here at happy hour & paid 170bt for a GLASS & was impressed with the flavour...Cheers!!!

Level Contributor
144 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Price of wine

Thanks for the heads up Mark, looking forward to our trip 7 days & counting... Enjoy ur holiday :)

29. Re: Price of wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach