We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather - dare I ask

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Weather - dare I ask

Hi All

We are flying to Phuket next Wednesday - How is the weather looking?

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,516 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather - dare I ask

Today was fine. Maybe quick showers anytime, but more likely late afternoon.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather - dare I ask

34 degrees everyday and light rain about every 4th day.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather - dare I ask

Right now it's absolutely hammering down.. We're staying at Metadee at the moment though and while we've had a few moments of sun, mostly it's been wet!

Hopefully fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow, the sun will be out again!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather - dare I ask

Very hard question to answer as the weather could be totally different in various places on the island. Might be pouring with rain in Patong and sunny in Karon.

Cathy

Earth
Level Contributor
312 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather - dare I ask

hi, i'm here now. weather is pretty unpredictable. it was raining all day yesterday. it stopped briefly in the afternoon and resumed a downpour around 6pm that lasted throughout the night.

this morning, it was on/off rain, drizzle and then the sky cleared around noon and the sun came out.

i guess you should expect some rain being the monsoon season. its hard to tell if the rain will be on the whole day but the day tours still go on.

Edited: 6:59 am, June 02, 2011
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather - dare I ask

We have arrived. It was raining in the afternoon when we got here but the sky's cleared a little later on and was lovely, woke up this morning and the rain is coming down with a vegence. Fingers crossed it clears up and we get some sunshine :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather - dare I ask

that's exactly phuket is..... you will meet some rain either in the morning or evening time but during day you hardly see that....

Hope you enjoy your trip.... Hv a great time

Earth
Level Contributor
312 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather - dare I ask

sun's out today!!!! all day!

and so's the rows of hundreds of beach chairs along patong beach and beach chair "managers" and day trp touters and henna tatto artists and people selling all kinds of things.

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather - dare I ask

It was lovely all day in Phuket! The beach was lovely - hardly anyone here. You will enjoy your holiday. Even if it rains, it only rains for a little while in the AM or PM. Wishing you a safe & sun-filled holiday :)

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather - dare I ask

Just had 10 perfect days straight 22-2nd July maybe we just got lucky,,,but back home now in Australia...and it wishing we were back on the beach at beautiful Kata